Sobre QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Herramienta de contabilidad que proporciona asistencia de múltiples monitores y sellos de vencimiento a través del flujo de caja mejorado.

Descubre más sobre QuickBooks Desktop Pro

It integrates with our FSM software, so it is really great to be able to go from one system to another without much effort.

Contras:

My only complaint has been that when you are couple of releases behind you can no longer direct email invoices to a client.

Valoraciones de QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Relación calidad-precio
4.2

Probabilidad de recomendación

8.2/10

QuickBooks Desktop Pro tiene una valoración global de 4.3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 1,369 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado QuickBooks Desktop Pro antes?

Filtrar opiniones (1,369)

Joe B.
Joe B.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

QuickBooks Pro Review

5 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: It works great for me to manage my business financials.

I like how easy it is to enter in entries and pull the reports that I need for not only business taxes, but also for keeping up with aging invoices and other critical financial information.

Contras:

The cost of the software is something that needs to be re-evaluated.

Tara H.
owner/president en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

By far the superior bookkeeping software

4 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: Customer service is terrible, but that is the same for all of Intuit. It is a shame because 20 years ago they were #1 in customer service and now they're at the bottom. However, I will never use any bookkeeping product other than Quickbooks Desktop in my office. No other program can even come close in functionality. No other program has the same ease of use. That being said, I don't recommend it for just anyone. If you do not know how to do bookkeeping or don't have a propensity for it, don't buy Quickbooks desktop or Quickbooks online and assume you can do your business bookkeeping. Consult with a professional.

The general ledger is my favorite. I will not use software that I can not make general ledger journal entries in. I love the tax tracking. It has the best tracking of payroll and sales taxes if it is properly set up. And adjustments can be made if necessary - which in my state is every quarter.

Contras:

I do not like that we now have to log-in with an "intuit ID." I bought desktop software because I want to use it on my desktop. I do not want all of my software connected to the internet all of the time. I do not want my client accounts connected to my intuit ID and I do not want them to have to have their own intuit ID accounts. They aren't using the software, I am. They aren't doing the bookkeeping and payroll, I am. And if Intuit's servers are down or if the internet is down and I can't log in, well then I can't work and that doesn't work for me.

Kala O.
Operations manager en EE. UU.

General Contractor's review of QuickBooks Desktop Pro

5 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall we are very pleased with this program. We use it for tracking our accounts receivable, our expenses and payroll. We will be longtime customers!

This software is so easy to use! We are able to invoice our customers and keep a running balance of our A/P and A/R so we can track our monthly income. Easy referencing for customers by their name, account number, address and any other identifying information to easily access the account you are looking for. We have also linked QB to our CRM and each invoice created and payment links to both programs so the sales team can track their accounts, without needing access to QB. We love this program!

Contras:

The only issue I have had, is when we do link payments to our CRM program, sometimes there is 5-10 minute delay before it registers. I can't say if this is an issue on AL or QB, either way, if we need access to the updated invoice immediately, it is available in QB.

Chris D.
Construcción
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Great product from a satisfied user

3.5 hace 6 años

Intuit is a proactive company and quickbooks desktop is a solid performer. Logic is fluid, able to customize fields for greater use in my industry, links to bank, professional documents for estimates, invoices, etc... Large selection of report templates and easy to customize.

Contras:

I have been a loyal desktop user for years and in the past I was able to use my license on my tablet and smartphone which allowed me greater use while in front of prospects and customers. Inuit/Quickbooks then went to stand alone one time purchase desktop fee or monthly online/cloud based subscription. They are trying to force desktop users to monthly subscription since they limit functionality to force upgrade. Cost per year for desktop is starting to climb higher than monthly cloud based version. I also had used intuits credit card processing in the past but switched to square due to costs, intuit will break out net cost and credit card discount fee for bookkeeping on their product and not on other credit card transactions for processing. There are third party apps for that but with a monthly cost.

Nian L.
accounts en Emiratos Árabes Unidos
Contabilidad, 51-200 empleados

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

4 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: QuickBooks produces a P&L without any problem. This should be possible in various ways; organization - wide, per client, and so forth.
QuickBooks produces a Balance Sheet without any problem.
QuickBooks likewise tracks AR and AP well indeed.
QuickBooks has space to develop their capital report.
QuickBooks has space to further develop the Mastercard sections. To match the passages to the financial record, you need to go in to include the sections and sellers physically.
QuickBooks has space to further develop the manner in which it coordinates with other bookkeeping frameworks. For instance, in the event that an auxiliary doesn't have QuickBooks Pro, you need to make a different succeed model to run a union model.

Quickbooks Desktop Pro is bookkeeping programming, It permits a client to make solicitations and track deals, enter and cover bills from merchants, and download bank and Visa exchanges straightforwardly into QuickBooks. It contains scientific elements, and its reports can be traded into Excel. Its landing page conveys an outline of business action initially, giving knowledge into business processes

Contras:

It incorporates center bookkeeping highlights, in addition to examination and exportable reports.

Lili M.
User en Filipinas
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

KEEN Accounting, that is QuickBooks for You!

5 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: QuickBooks has provided reliable numerous accounting features which made this software popular in all these years for accounting and bookkeeping of small businesses. It covers what it takes to keep your business fit and moving. Great software!

QuickBooks Desktop is totally loaded. It has simply got what you need to keep track of a business like yours and mine. This is an excellent software for keeping accounting brisk and organized at your fingertips. It has those features that a business accounting requires so you can manage your finances like a pro.

Contras:

This software needs to be familiarized. Finding its road to each feature and linkage to another will take time, and can be stressful. So much so that if you're new to accounting it might be really challenging before functionality is in sight. Nevertheless, achieving fruition would be like ahh, success.

Mitch B.
Senior Accountant en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Quickbooks is a very helpful tool for those who need a flexible and simple accounting tool.

4 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Our overall experience has been very good. We are very happy with the flexibility of the product and specifically the financial statement feature.

I liked the forgiveness of the product and how it was very user-friendly. If a mistake was made with a journal entry or invoice, you can go back in and make whatever edit you need to. A lot of other softwares do not allow you to make changes and it can lead to a messy general ledger. Also, you can also "lock" previous periods if you do not want to give your employees the ability to edits to the past.

Contras:

Quickbooks is designed, in my opinion, for non-accountants to be able to handle accounting functions. It does that very well. However, if you are looking for a more sophisticated software for payroll, project tracking, or invoicing purposes, this product may not be a good fit.

Cindy O.
Owner en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Disappointed in the new plan of yearly subscription

5 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Up until this year it was the best experience for accounting, invoicing, billing and preparing your taxes.

I loved this software for many years and used it every day for the last 12 years until recently. It was the best in the market for small business. This year I am discontinuing using Quick Books Desk Top Pro because of the annual subscription.

Contras:

They changed their billing and now you cannot just buy the software and use it, you must now pay an annual fee. For a small business this is expensive and nothing has changed in their software to warrant an increase in price and changing of their billing plans. I am very disappointed in the new pricing structure. They are many more out there that are less expensive and better.

Karen T.
Administrative VP en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Super user friendly and easy to use

4 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Just easy to work with and good for monitoring job cost.

It is very easy to use and very user friendly. It is forgiving if a mistake is made or if you enter something to an incorrect account you can always go back and correct it with our having to void the entire transaction. It is easy to get people off the list of vendors or employees by inactivating them.

Contras:

It is glitchy and seems to have multiple errors and sometimes won't open without support from QB. Support is usually from a different country than USA and reps are difficult to understand and not very skilled in correctly the issues. I have spent half my day getting QB to run when I have had work needing to be done.

Keith S.
Contabilidad, Trabajador autónomo

QuickBooks Pro

4 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: It is a great system. A user should have some accounting principles in order to use the system correctly and effectively.

I like that this system is designed with good accounting principles in mind. This version avoids a great deal of automation.

Contras:

Having to teach a non-accounting user how to use the software.

Bill B.
President en EE. UU.
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

A solid solution for small business accounting, if you can get past some of the issues

4 hace 5 días Nuevo

Comentarios: We are a small business that has had 3-4 users with QuickBooks Pro since 1997, adding Payroll in the early 2000s. Several years back, they changed licensing and started preventing us from getting the 4 users that we needed. In order to get past this, I had to jump through hoops via an annual phone marathon, speaking to multiple (usually 4-5 tech reps) to get the licenses updated and sorted out. This year, they forced us to move to the next level up, which they promised would eliminate this -- but now they charge us $2.20 monthly per employee for Payroll, which we had already paid for in the previous package. It just seems that they want to nickle and die you to death, and their support people are not always that helpful when problems arise. So why do I stay? Simply put, the software works, and it works quite well. Our 4-node network has had no problems keeping up with the size of the data, and our system still contains all of the data since 1997 -- and it performs perfectly. (Some reports can be slow from time to time, but only if you are running "All-time sales" reports or similar that have to look at lots of data. Otherwise, the system simply screams and does exactly what it needs to do. Our automation interfaces (using QODBC and simple VBScript scripts) reduce the workload for invoicing considerably, eliminating the need to hire another full-time position -- so it is still a worthwhile aggravation.

We have been using QuickBooks since 1997, and the product has certainly changed over the years, but it has remained very intuitive to learn and use over all of this time. More importantly, we have been able to automate large portions of our business using scripting and QODBC (which is a separate add-on that REALLY should be included) to streamline order processing and fulfillment.

Contras:

The biggest downsides are stupid things within the user interface. Intuit likes to add advertising for upgrades right into the main menu bar. This breaks automation scripts relying on mouse clicks. Even if you remove the button again manually, it re-appears with the next system update, breaking your automation again. The other thing they do is present pop-ups on our database server via modal dialog boxes, further breaking the automation until someone actually logs onto the server and clicks OK to close the dialog box.

Brenton W.
Bookkeeper en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

QuickBooks Desktop is Fast, Customizable and Easy. Best of the Best.

5 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: The questions most people have is QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. As a bookkeeper with multiple clients, it's a no brainer for me, QuickBooks Desktop!!! I refuse to work with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Desktop is lightning fast. There are numerous shortcuts with the keyboard that help process the daily routines. With being online, those keyboard shortcuts go away and now you have no move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse. It may not seem like much, but it's huge. The reporting features in QuickBooks Desktop are superior too. Yeah, your customer may not be able to have 24/7 access to their books, but if you're doing your job properly and getting them timely reports, most shouldn't need that.

Accounts payable is amazing. From tracking bills to writing checks to entering vendors. So easy. It also helps to make sure your 1099's are correct and in place for year end. Printing checks is a piece of cake and consistently easy! Accounts receivable is awesome. Whether you are tracking tenants or customers, they can be easily set up. Weekly, Monthly and Year End reporting can be done in a click of a 3 buttons, seriously. 3 Buttons pulls up your common report batches. Then you can print, save and email them.

Contras:

When sending reports by pdf, I'd like to preview them first and adjust how they appear. Sometimes they can appear all wonky and not clean. The work around is to print to pdf. Then you can do it, just one extra step though.

Realtor en Kenia

Quickbooks Desktop Pro- A Powerful Accounting Software

4 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: It provides the ability to easily customize customers' data, invoices, and reports. It integrates well with third-party applications. Exporting transactions from the bank and importing them into the software makes monthly reconciliation easy. Auditing the books is easy as there is a chronological tracking of transactions affecting each item. Whereas Quickbooks Desktop Pro is a powerful, affordable software with great features and is less costly to run, we had to switch to Quickbooks online which is cloud-based, has more automation and integrations with third-party applications. Quickbooks Online is also more user-friendly.
In my experience, choosing between Quickbooks Desktop Pro and Quickbooks Online is more about the organization's preferences and needs, and less about which one is better than the other.

It is powerful accounting software that is ideal for well-established organizations that have been in business for a while. It is great for bookkeeping and very helpful when it comes to filing taxes at the end of the financial year. It does not require frequent upgrades unless there are changes that affect a specific feature. It is great for generating various reports, setting up recurring invoices, and processing payroll.

Contras:

It has a steep learning curve in the initial stages and requires some accounting knowledge. It is locally installed, therefore, inaccessible while on the move, and if you choose to have it hosted virtually, that comes at an additional cost. Customer support isn't as great as we expected and issues take very long to resolve.

Johnny H.
President en EE. UU.

Very Functional, but Complicated; With Irritating Pop Up Ads

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall it's positive, and the software is very powerful. Even after two years (and a degree is computer science), I am still learning things with it. The bank export to QuickBoosk import feature most banks offer has saved me many hours of time doing monthly accounting, that alone makes it work it. The pop up ads on start up (which slow down my PC even more than the software otherwise would) are very very frustrating.

This software is very full featured. I use it for a few businesses; residential and storage unit rentals. The software has can do most everything that you would want it to do for this type of business. There's great features for setting up recurring invoices for tenants, generating all types of reports to track how your rentals are performing, and the PayRoll add on is very helpful for paying employees and dealing with quarterly and annual taxes. One very huge pro is that most banks allow you to export transactions from the bank website software into QuickBooks format, and then you can import them into QB. This saves me tons of time as I have many transactions related to the self storage business, and it makes monthly account reconciliation much much easier.

Contras:

There's a steep learning curve here. Many of the features and options are not intuitive at all (ironic since the company that owns this software is named Intuit). I used simple spreadsheets before this, I'm very computer oriented, and I still don't use many of the features available in this software after a few years. I switched at the recommendation of my accountant, and a steep discount in my annual tax preparation costs. There's just so much to learn here! There are tons of web tutorials available to learn things, but you have to be aware of a feature in order to know that you can use it. If you have someone that can show you the ropes, or you're willing to dig in and learn, then I recommend this software. The only major complaint that I have about it is the pop up advertisements. When you start the software, you frequently get pop up ads. This is super irritating, and it doesn't seem to matter if you click the 'Don't show this again' button. I've already bought your software, STOP SPAMMING ME!

Gary D.
Finance Offier en EE. UU.
Vino y licores, 2-10 empleados

Good, but...

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have used QuickBooks for two decades and for eight years in my current position. It fully meets our needs for day to day accounting, preparing reports for our Board and for processing payroll. However, their support is very poor and reaching a human being is incredibly frustrating.

QuickBooks Desktop is a powerful accounting package that offers good value for the cost. It has a lot of features that can address most of the needs of a small business.

Contras:

QuickBooks will let an inexperienced user do just about anything they want which can result in a real mess if you're an accountant trying the prepare financial statements or tax returns. But with some training from an experienced accountant/user, a lot of the day to day accounting can be accomplished by a relatively inexperienced person. Some supervision is advised.

Rhiannon N.
Owner en Canadá
Música, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Great product, support is lacking

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn. I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

Contras:

The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.) They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating. The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive. Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times. The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it? Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

Michael M.
Owner sole proprietor en EE. UU.
Música, Trabajador autónomo

My 2nd Try At a Bookkeeping Software

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: I didn't need a Bookkeeping program, I had a business account, deposited all my receipts from the business into that account. I paid all my business bills from that account. The BANK did my books! We moved back to Wisconsin in '98 where I had to collect sales tax. So I got a Bookkeeping program to keep track of my sales tax.

It did what I needed it to do, kept track of my sales tax for the State and up to 8 Counties I serve. Due to it being installed on my desktop it was programed with the tax regulations for my state of Wisconsin. When it's time to file the sales tax you have to have the complete sales for the year and the complete sales number of non-taxable sales. QB Desktop Pro always had those numbers ready for me.

Contras:

I had no one to teach me, I was figuring it out as I went along, so I didn't get some of the vendors put in correctly at first. I had to re-work parts of it for income tax time and I never did figure out how to connect my bank.

Alan L.
Event coordinator en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 10,000+ empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

The investment is worth the time and convience

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Regardless overall, as a small business owner or not the utilization of using QuickBooks especially for a financial software is very easy to use. It has all the basics pretty much could anything I need on it. I haven't had an issue with QuickBooks I just recommend certain things like higher security as such.

The easy of use, not complicated at all to utilize. it's also good with third-party applications and integrations, makes it much more easier. Price wise it is affordable since I would say it's worth the money it's for. It also has a very large support Network. Personally best software to keep financial records, especially for small businesses

Contras:

The security on it does lack, there isn't a two-step authentication. And there was a limitation to the number of products in the list especially for inventory purposes. There are also file size issues that need to be addressed, and personally I also believe there needs to be more utilization into e-commerce.

Annette M.
Executive Director en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 11-50 empleados

QuickBooks for the Small Nonprofit Organization

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The program itself is excellent as seen from its popularity. My greatest need has been customer service technical support. I have been using QuickBooks for more than 20 years. Over this time I have been very happy with the improvement of their support. Depending on the level program chosen, there are varying degrees of support. I think this is the most important part of a program as complex as this. I am also very happy with the way payroll handles all the procedures automatically and that they build in the new legislation and regulations from all the states so the user is sure about what they are doing.

QuickBooks has a sufficiently wide variety of products/service agreements to satisfy the needs of small nonprofits. I find that the service has improved greatly over the years. The customer service people are extremely able to solve problems or explain processes. Also, since the user can choose between accrual and cash based accounting, small organizations can choose the system the best satisfies their particular circumstances. The payroll package is separate, so the customer can choose whether or not to do their own payroll or have someone else do it. The payment of payroll taxes is well supported and easy to use.

Contras:

Because this software is so professional, there can be a steep learning curve for those without accounting or bookkeeping experience. It would be advisable for the new user to become familiar with entry level bookkeeping at least. QuickBooks also recommends that new users locate a current user to serve as a mentor. There are specially trained users who serve this role.

Cathryn C.
Associate Director, Operations en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Excellent Accounting Software for Small Business!

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My overall experience with QB is fantastic. I was lucky enough to have used it for many years and even learned to convert the Chart of Account structure in order to do business with the Government. Our control system plus the software enabled us to pass DCAA's accounting system audit to perform on CPFF contracts. We have also used data from QB and external reporting to submit Incurred Cost Submissions to varies Government agencies. Highly recommend to small businesses!

I used this software for over 20 years with several small businesses. I've used it daily for many years for all accounting cycles, such as AP, AR, GL, bank reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. I love its flexibility (mistakes can be easily fixed), complexity (can even accommodate DCAA compliance), intuitiveness (to me at least), and many report functions including drill downs. It also works very well with ICAT, so that QB data can be used to calculate indirect cost rates.

Contras:

Cons are very few. Because I haven't been a daily user for a few years, a couple of issues I remember are: 1. Interfacing with a 3rd party payroll seems to not work well, we ended up having to make a large summarizing journal entry (however, this is not an issue at the current company b/c payroll is handled by Intuit). 2. Too few characters are allowed in the PO and Invoice Number field. Our bookkeeper still currently have to be creative in order to have everything fit.

ASEA en EE. UU.

Easiest accounting software I've used

5 hace 3 años

I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Contras:

The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

Respuesta de Intuit

hace 3 años

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done. In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates. In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing! Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Mike H.
President en
Construcción, 2-10 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization

5 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Contras:

Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs. You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees). Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

Zandi C.
President en
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Quickbooks....I Use It To Run My Company.

4 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Overall the best small business accounting software I have found. I would recommend it over all other products. I have used it for the past seven years and I do not hesitate to dump software that does not perform. I own and operate a smallish construction company and will likely someday need to step up to one of the big boy software packages, but until then, it serves me well.
You can get this accounting software to do just about anything you need it to with enough time and know how.

The software is stable with very few glitches and crashes. I have never lost any significant amount of data in 7 years. It produces reports and printed materials that are widely accepted and you can get checks and other forms compatible with ease. It networks well and with a fair amount of simplicity even with several users. The Contractor Premier does a decent job of job costing if you set it up properly. You can customize all reports, invoices, statement, etc. to meet your needs and promote the branding of your company. Payroll add on service is excellent and has kept us dead on with all payroll related responsibilities.

Contras:

You get out what you put in. As with all software, you must know what you are doing to operate it successfully. I am very computer savvy and have a lot of experience with the proficient use of multiple advanced software programs so I thought I could just open a file and get going. Nope. Quickbooks does not work well out of the box, you will need to invest some time in getting it set up for you and your business. The cost of upgrades is unavoidable so be ready. You will need to upgrade every year to get the software support from Intuit and every time you add a seat on your license. There is no way around it that works and I have tried. There are a million secondary dealers of quickbooks, so called quickbook professionals and they have been certified by Quickbooks to use their branding and resell the software program and related support services which make purchase and support confusing and sometimes dangerous.

Jillian C.
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Contabilidad, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Quickbooks Desktop Pro makes bookkeeping a cinch!

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I am winning at bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop Pro, what more can I say?

Quickbooks Desktop Pro allows me to be a great bookkeeper! Isn't that worth it's monetary investment right there!? I am able to input bills/pay bills, deposits, bank reconciliations and run reports all in the same platform. I even order our checks through the software and it reminds me when we are getting low. Also, I love that I can set reminders for monthly tasks and bills that need to be taken care of without worrying about forgetting. It's tracking it all for me and I just take care of it when the reminder pops up. Now I don't have the bank account connected and that is a personal preference but it is an available feature and it has it's benefits. You can also complete invoicing and payroll through Quickbooks desktop but we already had other means to complete those tasks. I can't recommend it enough, you won't regret the investment.

Contras:

The only con I have about Quickbooks Desktop Pro is that going from the online version and converting to desktop is not clean. I've yet to get an import that wasn't missing something. I hope this is something Intuit will improve on in the future. But if you don't have to go back and forth then it's not an issue. I only have one client that this a bother for, other than that I keep everything on the desktop version.

Genevieve C.
Bookkeeper en EE. UU.

Great accounting software

5 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The overall experience has been great. QB helps keep our financials well organized, and I would definitely recommend this software to anyone, small business or large.

QB Desktop Pro is great accounting software for a small business. It is easy to navigate and there is no shortage of options to customize it to make it work just right for your business. If you ever want to know how to perform a certain task in QB, I've found that a quick Google search will yield very helpful results, and it always ends up being very easy and intuitive.

Contras:

With my particular version (QB Desktop Pro 2017), the program crashes when switching between companies. You have to fully close out of one company, wait for the automatic backup to complete (if applicable), and only then enter your password for the next company and login. Even then it still sometimes closes out. If like me you only have two companies (or one!) and you rarely switch between them then it's not a big deal, but it would be very frustrating if you're switching between multiple companies many times a day.

Respuesta de Intuit

hace 4 años

I'll exhaust my resources to ensure you can seamlessly switch between companies, Genevieve. When it comes to crashes of any type, a great place to start is with this Community-hosted overview: community.intuit.com/articles/1460106. It tackles causes of a crash, as well as solutions. While I always suggest making backups to safeguard against data loss (community.intuit.com/articles/1460106), I also encourage you to explore the Community space a bit more. Search for any specific error codes you may see before the system closes out, as this multi-function Q&A space is a comprehensive troubleshooting database with fixes penned by the engineers themselves. Have a lovely weekend ahead, and keep up the great work at San Diego Vacation Rentals and Realty Consultants! Jess, The QuickBooks Team