Calificación media

4.4/5
  • Atención al cliente
    4.3/5

Sobre Hightail

Hightail te permite compartir archivos, obtener comentarios y llevar proyectos desde el inicio hasta la finalización.

Descubre más sobre Hightail

Mostrando 273 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Wyatt E.
Sales And Marketing Specialist
Edición, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/7/2020

"Great for large files and folders"

Comentarios: At a great price, you can store a TON of files, very useful for anyone who is constantly sending, receiving, and storing all types of files.

Puntos a favor: Hightail makes it easy for me to share large files and folders with people inside and outside my company. You can create "spaces" where all types of files can be stores, and links to this space can be shared with anyone.

Contras: Safari does not support folder uploads, but opening chrome and uploading folders to spaces that way made it simple. This was my only hangup with the service.

• Publicado el 16/7/2020
Sheila Z.
Graphic Design
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 19/11/2019

"I'm not too crazy about Hightail"

Comentarios: Hightail has some really awesome customer service. Other than that, I feel there are other cloud storage and file sharing applications that are more superior.

Puntos a favor: I like that you have a custom link through which your clients or anyone can upload large files to send to you. Likewise, you are able to send professional looking emails with links for your clients to download large files you send to them.

Contras: I was never really able to get the files I stored in the cloud to sync in my local computer drive, so I lost quite a bit of files. I found Hightail more pricier than it needs to be. They used to be great when they were YouSendIt, but once they merged with Hightail, I feel the quality of the product diminished a bit. I didn't like that they do not provide a file preview. So I have to download several photo files to find the picture I'm looking for.

• Publicado el 19/11/2019
Betsy Scott
Construcción, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 21/8/2020

"Tech Novice Friendly File Sharing"

Comentarios: Use this to send big files to others, to enable others to upload big files to me, and to house files that are too large for my website and tend to time out during download on my website and files that I want to share with a select group of my members by creating a page for folks to visit. It's great to have a dedicated unindexed URL to give others that doesn't require them to create an account.

Puntos a favor: Ability to make a large file safely sharable and downloadable via a simple link.

Contras: Nothing really bothered me about the software. It was nice that you can see the files that you've previously sent and that the UI remembers emails you've already sent to and autofills them.

• Publicado el 21/8/2020
  • Publicado el 3/8/2017

"Narrowing of Features and Declining Value"

Puntos a favor: You can set up a linked folder on your machine that syncs with Hightail. Back in the day (prior to August, 2017) this formed an ideal platform for disseminating content as you could grab download links and include them in your own communications.

Contras: Hightail has recently adopted a typical self-focused millennial mindset of tunnel-visioned genius: focusing on an increasingly narrow range of cool stuff and killing off highly practical features without pausing to think about the spectrum of their users. If the HT people have a favorite way of working, they think that everyone works just like they do. As of the most recent downgrade, it is no longer possible to copy download links for files. If you need to send a business email with multiple download links and other content, you're now out of luck, as the only option is to use Hightail's interface to send an email with one (concealed) link.
My needs include the ability to send multiple download links to my dealers and prospective dealers - everything from canned social media content to a range of literature and photos. If, for example, a dealer is setting up a website and needs logos, product shots and text files, I can no longer just send out an email with the links to the files on Hightail.
Overnight they have unthinkingly destroyed my once routine means of distributing a huge amount of content to our dealers and prospects across the U.S. In a single, narrow-mined stroke, the value of Hightail to my company has vanished overnight.
This was a totally brainless move. I suggest that people look for a better solution.

• Publicado el 3/8/2017
David O.
Art Director
Impresión, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/2/2020

"Good option for sharing large files"

Comentarios: HighTail allows me to send large files efficiently to clients or suppliers. Since I deal with artwork design and production each and every day I really need an safe, fast and effective way to share files whether they be large proofs or final files for print/web production. HighTail generally suits my needs.

Puntos a favor: I like that I can share large files with my clients on a piece of software that lives on my computer rather than using an online service where I upload the file via a web browser. I feel it is a more secure process when using an app as opposed to using a service such as WeTransfer. I consider the free version to be a great tool that is less troublesome than dropbox.

Contras: While I consider the free version to be a great tool, I do believe that the paid version is a bit on the expensive side for my level of use. I consistently use HighTail, but not enough to justify a monthly subscription. If I run into limits on what I can upload for free, I will then move to another free alternative that has less restritive file size limits such as WeTransfer.

• Publicado el 11/2/2020
Michael M.
musician
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 8/7/2019

"SO Much Easier than Dropbox"

Comentarios: I send and receive audio files all the time and there is never a problem.

Puntos a favor: Its ease of use. Whether sending or receiving audio files there's never a problem.

Contras: Well, it would be nice if it were free....

Social Digital Marketing Coordinator
Comercio minorista, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/11/2019

"Great For Sharing Lots of Photos"

Comentarios: Overall, easy to use, easy to share, and user friendly.

Puntos a favor: It was pretty easy to get started and you get a lot of features even with a free account. We used this to share photos from a large event. We could share the link with others and they didn't need an account to access or download.

Contras: The organization is a little weird, I'm still not entirely sure what all the features are on this site.

• Publicado el 5/11/2019
Tom G.
Prepress Operator
Impresión, 10,000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 21/6/2020

"Hightail -- One of the better FTP Software Packages Available"

Comentarios: Most of the FTP (file transfer protocol) programs that exist -- in my book as an industry professional, are an unnecessary expense for the client, because we already have easy-to-access FTP programs in place -- which for some reason, clients resist using, generally claiming difficulty in use. Nothing could be farther from the truth, and most paid FTP software programs strike me as being extraneous at best. The only good thing about Hightail, is when you receive the email with the file transfer link, it doesn't (yet!) trigger our corporate firewall, so you can pretty easily download the client files without having to go to a computer that we have rigged to intentionally subvert the firewall. So there's that. Every other paid FTP program that exists out there (We Transfer, for example) seems to immediately trigger the firewall, which is an aggravating issue.

Puntos a favor: In terms of FTP software programs, it generally works effortlessly, and doesn't require getting around RR Donnelley's firewall in order to retrieve files.

Contras: It's not inexpensive to use, and if you're only using the free version to retrieve files, you get constantly bombarded with requests to buy a paid version.

• Publicado el 21/6/2020
Josh A.
Post Production Manager
Producción audiovisual, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 21/4/2020

"Good if using paid plan"

Comentarios: I use Hightail every week for delivering assets to clients. The storage side of Hightail is less appealing, in comparison to OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive. I would prefer to exclusively use Hightail for large file sending.

Puntos a favor: I really enjoy the simple and fast upload speeds for sending files, which seems to be much faster than other file sending services.

Contras: The file delivery limits make it challenging for sending video assets, which tend to be more than 25GB. Other services are just fine for sending a final deliverable, which are generally <1GB, but to pay a monthly service for file sending, I'd expect there to be an higher cap than 25GB for the Pro version.

• Publicado el 21/4/2020
Brittany D.
Project Coordinator
Construcción, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/5/2020

"Not much to it."

Comentarios: Over all it does its job. Gives me what I need. My plans.

Puntos a favor: Not to much to it I get a bid invite from maybe two General Contractors and I click the documents to have them download.

Contras: Not much to it. No good back ground just simply enough to get what you need done. I only receive bid invites through this system.

• Publicado el 7/5/2020
Marianne L.
Chief Creative Guru & Experiential Evangelist
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 8/7/2019

"Hightail - a business tool I can't live without."

Comentarios: I think I said this above having all my work in one place is huge for me. I can be tracking 2,3,4,...7 jobs at a time so I need a solution that helps me to keep it all straight and streamline the process. I get this with Hightail. Add in the fact that I can customize each space and there is the opportunity for collaboration right there in the space that's a time saver that I can't say enough about. When approvals need to happen asap this allows me to get the content there as quickly as possible and approved so we can move ahead. Hightail is one of those business tools I can't live without.

Puntos a favor: I love the ease of use for me. I'm a freelance Creative Director so it lets me customize content for my different clients per space while keeping in all in one accessible location for me. This helps me to streamline my process so it allows me to jump from job to job effortlessly. Also this allows me to share large files for immediate response and has the capabilities for there to be dialogue right there on the site again keeping all the content bundled in one easily accessible place.

Contras: I have had issues with clients not understanding what they are supposed to do with the invite or link. Also I've heard they are asked to download the software if this is their first visit and from one person I was told he ended up with a reoccurring charge after viewing the link. As I'm not personally encountering these issues but I've also been using Hightail for years I'm concerned about this client side of the equation. I'm mostly hearing this from non-tech savvy clients but they are clients that need to be managed is there a way to make this even simpler for them?

Sr. Instructional Designer, Retail Experience
Telecomunicaciones, 10,000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 31/1/2019

"Modern Review & Approval, Finally!"

Comentarios: 1. Speed to Market – the ability to provide feedback and reviews within the Hightail platform, without downloading content brings final versions to frontline teams sooner and with greater quality than old review methods.
2. Ease of Use – from individual contributors, to SMEs, managers, directors and above, adoption has been easy, even when reviewers were not tech savvy, so approval requests don’t “bottleneck” when using the Hightail platform.
3. Accountability – tracking and managing comments and feedback in one secure location eliminates assumptions about design choices, and provides clear ownership between requestor and design team member.
4. Vendor Management – centralized, secure, controlled access between T-Mobile and vendors of creative content in collaboration with design teams makes managing vendor performance faster, easier, and more transparent.
5. Security and Speed – ensuring content review takes place in a shared, secure, and trackable space eliminates churn and delay caused by feedback being provided as attached docs or large files sent through various other means.
6. Error Reduction – secure and centralized spaces for feedback, reviews, and approvals in Hightail stops a patchwork of tools currently in use from causing errors related to file access and/or incorrect version management or tracking.
7. Increased Efficiency – removing several tools from the review and approval process with the use of Hightail reduces the number of actions required of design teams,

Puntos a favor: A mobile-ready solution that makes it easy for peers, partners, stakeholders, and vendors to see work product all in one place. This centralized approach ensures everyone is offering feedback on the correct version of an asset, and seeing peers comments, which reduces redundancy, making the process faster. Assigning feedback to team members as an action item is great, and ensures people can work focus on what matters, in a prioritized manner. Approval flows, both linear and non-linear make it easy to get the feedback needed in a timely manner.

Contras: Adding new team members to a space, based on the formatting of the introductory email is NOT ideal. The level of confusion for new users on 'where to start' or 'how to login' required additional emails and communication to ensure a smooth onboarding process. This level of effort wasn't extreme, but is the opposite of easy and has lead to some initial perception hurdles based caused by the way people feel about the solution, based on the poorly formatted and confusing 'welcome' email.

• Publicado el 31/1/2019
Sami K.
Senior Architect/Project Manager
Arquitectura y planificación, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/1/2019

"Customer since 2008"

Comentarios: I have been using this tool for 10 years, and have been an early subscriber since the days of yousendit
It has changed branding a couple of times but it got better overtime.
It is not the only cloud service I use, as I have Dropbox, Skydrive, Box and iCloud accounts.
However, the main reason I stick with Hightail is the ability to control access to the files very easily and selectively.
In other words, the most critical tool for me is the Express App. Then comes the folder sync, and lastly comes hightail spaces.
I know hightail is focusing on boosting hightail spaces and stopped improvements to folders, express and desktop sync, but it would be a mistake to think Hightail Spaces is the reason to stick with this app.
As for pricing, I have been grandfathered in an old account on auto renew, so I do not think I would buy Hightail st the current pricing given the competition with the other cloud apps and services.

Puntos a favor: Unlimited Storage
Set expiry date.
Sync folders to desktop
Express app
Hightail Spaces
Perfect tool for desktop collaboration.

Contras: Not intuitive on mobile devices.
The tracking app on iPhone and iPad cannot be used to forward files sent earlier from Tracker app, where it used to be possible to do so in yousendit app (the prior brand/software) but hightail rewrote the API and disabled that functionality.
While perfect on desktop, on mobile browsers the site does not format correctly within the window and text stays outside viewing area.

• Publicado el 30/1/2019
Steven S.
Educational Television Producers
Producción audiovisual, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 8/7/2019

"Hightail helps with transcontinental video documentary projects"

Comentarios: Excellent, Hightail's an incredibly useful and wonderful video production convenience. I live in west Michigan and I've been privileged to film many concerts in San Jose, California during the past decade. The conductors I work with like to be able to review the editing of their concert videos. The availability of Hightail has proven to be an exceptionally fast and economical way to do that. In the past I'd edit a concert video here in west Michigan and would then send a preview DVD, a very time consuming & slow process. With Hightail I can quickly and efficiently send the conductors an edit of their concert, in standard definition video format, which they can preview and review online wherever they might be. Then conventional DVDs are made. The development of Hightail's become a tremendous & practical utility for transcontinental video production efforts, imho :)

Puntos a favor: Convenience, ease of use, control of content distribution, statistical information about numbers of views and/or downloads.

Contras: On one recent occasion a choral concert music video file was uploaded and recipients found the audio and video were not in sync while using the "view" feature on Hightail. The video file could be downloaded successfully with the audio & video in sync. It was only while using the "view" feature that the audio and video were not in sync. The "sync" issue could have been due to the encoding by the server at Hightail or more likely is a problem that happens with uploading a video file in the Apple H.264 codec. Video files encoded by Apple Final Cut using the "Pro Res" codecs have not had audio-video synchronization problems. So we may have found one area where the Hightail file sharing software might need revision to handle H.264.

An W.
Media Specialist
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 5001-10,000 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/7/2019

"Reliable Media Sharing Platrom."

Comentarios: With hightail, we are using their service as a way to effectively deliver large media files to clients. Spaces are used for when we hire contractors, especially for overseas productions shoots. They are able to drop videos in to share with us. Overall our experience with HIghtail has been great!

Puntos a favor: We worked with Hightail when they were known as YouSendIt and stuck with them after they rebranded. Their uploading services have always been reliable, and their constant updates and new features have kept our creative studios' workflow current and created more efficiencies. (spaces, video commenting/feedback) The receipt that is sent to our main inbox everytime we send a file is also great in that we are able to track projects and give us the piece of mind that the file actually sent. The expiration option ensures that we don't overload our spaces.

Contras: Viewing videos using mobile via their app is not the greatest experience and could be better optimized. No true full screen and slightly clunky, but nothing that can't be easily worked around.

Trisha K.
Teacher of the Wisdom
Aprendizaje en línea, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 8/7/2019

"Stepping Up Provide for Customer Needs"

Comentarios: I am teaching classes to students all around the world with Hightail, without ever leaving my desk. No TSA. No hotels. No airport delays. Just high efficiency and productivity.

Puntos a favor: When I need to be able to deliver a large file, whether graphic or media, HighTail delivers. Fast. Efficient. Handled. Period.

Contras: When I need to deliver a file to multiple clients, I cannot create a group. I must type in every last email every single time. I have better things to do with my time. There used to be a group option, just like there used to be folder options. I have called. I have written. I have been told "sorry, we can't do that" and "sorry, we don't offer that." Those are not the answers I want. As my clientele grows, Hightail is holding me back. These are simple requests. Either Hightail will prioritize them, or I will be forced to find someone who will. Hope you're listening this time…

Craig B.
Principal
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/7/2019

"Couldn't work globally without Hightail"

Comentarios: I produce research-based thought leadership and content (NOT fake news...but content based on actual data from surveys or interviews with experts of groups of experts). Hightail provides an easy mechanism for me to store, distribute, share and catalog my material at all stages of the production journey. I can also get hold of files instantly in a client meeting, or at an aiport or hotel whilst travelling. I find it extremely helpful in maintaining productivity

Puntos a favor: Hightail makes it very easy for me to share and send very large files containing high quality graphics, video clips and text to my clients and associates around the world...and getting feedback and updates back quickly as well.

Contras: There are a lot of features and functions I haven't explored yet - so it's too early to criticise

• Publicado el 9/7/2019
Ric W.
Impresión, 11-50 empleados

"USER FRIENDLY"

Comentarios: With Hightail, I do not need to maintain a ftp site. Hightail is my ftp site.

Puntos a favor: I enjoy using the Hightail platform to send large files to clients and for clients to send large files to my firm. Art files for printing can be extremely large in size making email incompatible for sending. I can upload to Hightail and send in very short time to a client and they will get an email with a link to download. One of the benefits is the client can just download with out having to populate a form with all sorts of personal information. Additionally when I send a file I can immediately get a copy of the download link and email that to others or to the recipient explaining what has been uploaded. Another benefit is that I can email my client a link to upload files to me taking the place of having to maintain my own ftp site. The Hightail platform is USER FRIENDLY for both my staff and my clients staff. I have been using it for years and still see it as a WIN-WIN software program.

Contras: So far there is nothing that i have encountered that I do not like or interferes with my use.

Adele H.
Suministros y equipo para empresas, 11-50 empleados

"Excellent Service"

Comentarios: I am very happy with it and I have been using it for many years.

Puntos a favor: I run a transcription agency and my customers find it very easy to use my uplink, they like that it is a secure service. I like it because lately it has been a very stable platform to use in sending audio files to my colleagues. I also like that it that it shows a record of files having been sent and confirmation of receipt of files.

Contras: I dislike the black background of the website, it is not easy to see, especially on my monitor. It is also a bit muddled. It is difficult to do a search on files having been sent without scrolling down the page. They also used to send out alerts if they had a problem but this has now stopped.

Robin I.
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 8/7/2019

"I couldn't work without Hightail."

Comentarios: I have been very happy with Hightail and have used it for years. I also included the Uplink on my website so clients can upload large files to me.

Puntos a favor: Hightail is very easy to use and the recipient doesn't need to have permission or the software or anything else to get my files. It is also very easy for them to forward the email to someone else. This is very helpful when I send large files to my client for printing. They can just forward the email on to their printer.

Contras: There are occasional problem when clients upload files to Hightail - Uplink. I've had several clients complain that they aren't able to upload more than 7-8 jpgs at a time. It is very frustrating and they usually give up and use Google or Dropbox.

Chris C.
Founder/Re-Recording Mixer
Películas y largometrajes, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 29/1/2019

"The Best Non-High End Transfer Service"

Comentarios: I transfer a lot of data per month, and need that data to be very secure. I can't justify the cost of something like Aspera in my small business, and after trying many other transfer services during a time when Hightail was going through some major growing pains realized that this is the best transfer service for what I'm trying to accomplish. There are still things that could be improved, but overall it's an excellent product and one I have recommended to clients many times over the nearly 9 years I've used the service.

Puntos a favor: I like that you can easily track files and that it tells you how long it's going to take for the upload to complete.

Contras: I cannot stand that you are not able to create paragraphs in messages that go along with what you're sending. I also slightly prefer the functionality of the old Hightail Express app to the Hightail Spaces app. Another bummer is that when someone comments on a video for feedback (when there are multiple video files in an upload) that you do not keep them all together. It sends a separate email for each one and is enormously time consuming to sift through volume projects if feedback is used in the app.

Macylyna N.
Chief communications Officer
Educación superior, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/4/2019

"My Review on Hightail"

Comentarios: This software has allowed us to securely send large emails.It is easy to use and has a nice user friendly interface.

Puntos a favor: One thing that excites me the most about hightail is the security feature it has. With the tool one can protect the file from unwanted third party by having document password that are only accessible by the intended recipient. With the tool one is also able to track email from who, where and when the email was downloaded.
Another thing that excites me is the ability to share large files. This is one of the key thing that made us purchase this tool. With it you are able to compress large document and send them easily. The other parties in the receiving end are also able to download it easily and fast.

Contras: I hate that the links shared expires very quickly.
The support team is also not interactive.

• Publicado el 30/4/2019
Cheryl S.
Servicios jurídicos, 2-10 empleados

"Hightail is superior"

Comentarios: great

Puntos a favor: I can send large quantities of documents to my client and they do NOT have to sign up for a paid subscription. Super easy to use. I can also send my clients my link where they can easily upload to my account. I also love the easy of use seeing the history and being able to forward previously uploaded files to another person. I have tried dropbox (do not like much) and box (same...do not like much) and find hightail far superior.

Contras: Recently, I have heard feedback from first time hightail users that are my clients that when I send them a link, they are confused with the popups that make it seem like they have to set up an account. I have not verified this but if this is true, then that is definitely a minus.

Monnica S.
Self employed/Minister
Instituciones religiosas, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 29/1/2019

"The best investment I've made!"

Comentarios: I am loyal to Hightail which says a lot. When I joined it was called You Send it and then Hightail and I guess there is a new name now. I will always call it Hightail. Its outstanding service. Thank you.

Puntos a favor: I love Hightail and have been a customer for a few years. The monthly rate is great and I hope and pray that you don't raise your prices. I have NO complaints. It's easy and its fast. Thank you Hightail!

Contras: Oh only one time the file I sent didn't make it to the recipient. Another time the desktop app didn't work. I got an error message and had to start over typing in the directions inside the text window. I called and I was helped by fantastic customer support and or tech support. Thank you.

• Publicado el 23/10/2017

"Hightail has botched Spaces rollout and customer support is weak"

Contras: From my latest support ticket with Hightail: I am sad to report that uninstalling and reinstalling Hightail did not change the circumstances. I was not able to find the Hightail Desktop App for download. All I found was Hightail Express. If that is not the correct file, please tell me when I can find the link to download the app Hightail is recommending. My desktop Hightail folders are still incomplete and missing files. In addition, when I try to download multiple items from Hightail, I usually get one of two errors:
1. The download aborts with the following error code: {"code":500,"message":"There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID db8396e73d0bacc3)."}
2. The download completes and reports that nn files have been downloaded, but when I extract the zip file, only 1 or 2 files appear, not the full set of files selected for download.
All the other problems remain. Hightail continues to make dozens of copies of individual files. Deleting duplicates on both Hightail and the desktop does not change this behavior. This is very frustrating, and it is keeping me from working efficiently. It is consuming my high-speed bandwidth allocation from my ISP, which then reduces my internet access from 4G to 3G speeds, further slowing down my work. The lack of phone support, the lack of a remote session to review the state of my machine, and the ineffectiveness of Hightail’s responses to date are quite disappointing. At this time I am getting little to no value from Hightail.

• Publicado el 23/10/2017