Opiniones de QuickBooks Online

4.1/5
  • Atención al cliente
    3.9/5

Sobre QuickBooks Online

La banca en línea automatizada descarga las transacciones de tu banco o tarjeta de crédito directamente en tu empresa en línea con QuickBooks.

Descubre más sobre QuickBooks Online

Mostrando 3991 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Tammi O.
Servicios financieros, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/9/2019

"Great product with several variable add ons"

Comentarios: I have been using QB's online for 8 years including 2 different versions. I have created several reports easily and pulled data into spreadsheets. Very user friendly regardless of which version you use and can seamlessly connect additional services. One of the best accounting sites available

Puntos a favor: This software is very easy to use, I have used both for LLC and Self Employed versions and can customize to what the clients need. Running reports for various needs is quick and easy.

Contras: Depending on the version and add on service that you use the 1099 reporting was a little more expensive than another service I found in recent years, but overall not an outrageous amount at all.

• Publicado el 4/9/2019
Joshua M.
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/7/2019

"Should Be Great...But There Are Some Issues"

Comentarios: Overall, the software should be and is quite capable, however, it seems the staff need more resources/training to troubleshoot issues and the pay period settings need to be more customizable.

Puntos a favor: Quickbooks is the most well-known accounting software on the planet. It's slick, the software is implemented and developed well with no bugs in my experience, and the capability fits any size business via their subscription plans. This was very much needed for me as a small business owner and it's been a great step up from what I was previously doing.

Contras: Here's the cons: When setting up an employee the software gave me a notification and wouldn't allow me to go further once I selected that I had paid the employee previously and would be paying back taxes on them myself rather than charging those to the employee payroll. The notification wanted me to contact Quickbooks for "special handling". The problem is that the QB staff didn't seem to know what or why it was doing that and in the end basically I just had to bypass that whole question altogether to get the employee in the system and I'll have to figure out the previous taxes come tax time. This was like a 2 week process of asking QB repeatedly about this issue. The last con is the software's insistence to have me running payroll on the same day as the end of the pay period. I've never worked anywhere that did this and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering you don't have the hours for that last day yet. But nonetheless, I cannot find any option to change this and I end up waiting a week later, then running payroll, but the software ends up changing the pay date to the previous pay date after a couple of days, so my records are off. This has been the single most frustrating part of the software and nobody seems to know how to modify this particular aspect of it.

• Publicado el 24/7/2019
Lisa N.
  • Publicado el 20/9/2020

"QBO helps me to manage"

Comentarios: My overall experience with the software has been overhwelmingly positive. I can use it to bill clients, attach timesheets, run payroll, connect to the bank and reconcile, and also connect the credit card to the system. It's been really handy.

Puntos a favor: I like the fact that payroll is integrated, I love the automated reporting (saves me having to remember to send reports), I like that you can upload documents to it, that you can now send in / attach receipts to it, and that you can do quite detailed reporting and drill down on numbers easily, that you can lock the records to stop people going back in and changing anything by mistake, and that reports can be by classes, so you can monitor spending and income by 'class' / project. I like the reporting functionality and the ease of use.

Contras: I'd like the receipt capturing software to be a bit better (its basic at the moment, but I'm sure it'll improve as it was only a feature added this year), I don't like the fact that although my paypal links, (I have multi currency within paypal) and this doesn't seem to reflect well within the software.

• Publicado el 20/9/2020
Jimmy M.
Business Manager
Alimentación y bebidas, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 29/6/2019

"I'm happily married to QuickBooks"

Comentarios: I think the future is digital and it's time that we all dropped our fear and start keeping our records online. It’s very possible that your hard disk could crash but Quickbooks will still be there storing your records. I recommend Quick books to small and medium-sized companies.

Puntos a favor: Before I began using QuickBooks, my biggest fear was that we were going to entrust a cloud with our money. Personally, I was hesitant for a long time and so was my company. But after that, we decided to take a leap of faith and use QuickBooks. We’ve been happily married to this software ever after. So here is why I like QuickBooks It’s invoicing feature is amazing. The feature automatically invoices our customers and brilliantly matches the invoices to the customers. Quickbooks takes payments, bills and compiles reports for everything And while Quickbooks is doing this, everyone on the accounting team accesses it with ease.

Contras: Quickbooks crashes a lot and limits access to a few number of people. That's why I don't recommend it to big firms.

por Intuit el 3/7/2019

Hi Jimmy. We're so glad you decided to give QuickBooks a chance. It's wonderful to hear you're enjoying it for your business needs. Storing data on cloud storage can be daunting which is why security is our top priority. More information on how we protect your data can be found here: https://security.intuit.com/index.php

The great part of our online product is the variety of subscriptions offered that can be used by different sized companies. We recently introduced a new level called QuickBooks Online Advanced (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/quickbooks-online-advanced-growing-with-and-for-our-customers/) which allows up to 25 users and has new features to help run a larger company.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and welcome to the QuickBooks family!

Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Publicado el 29/6/2019
Taylor M.
Treasurer
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/9/2020

"Overall a great choice for nonprofits"

Comentarios: Overall I am very pleased by my experience with QBO. While I struggled with initial implementation, it has very much streamlined financial management once I figured out how to more efficiently utilize the software. The flexibility of using QBO through my browser of software download is an immensely important feature that I cannot overstate - since my position is volunteer/unpaid, if I ever leave the organization they cannot be tied to a software downloaded on my personal laptop. Plus its just nice to know that I have access anywhere I need, regardless.

Puntos a favor: QBO has made it so much easier to stay on top of finances for the nonprofit I work with. It's so nice to add bills for reimbursement of expenses to stay on top of when the expense occurred as well as when the reimbursement check was written vs deposited. Automatic linking to my bank account and to paypal is a lifesaver. I don't know what I would do without locations or being able to use classes for fund reporting/functional expenses.

Contras: There was definitely a steep learning curve, and I've just had to accept that some of the transactions I was doing when I first started weren't done in the most 'ideal' way. I'm adding historical finances for 8 years and struggling with handling inventory in particular, since I'm both trying to keep up with current purchases/sales and build the historical financial statements. While the QBO online forum is generally helpful for troubleshooting issues, sometimes I run into features that just aren't available on QBO and only on QuickBooks desktop which is incredibly frustrating when I know how useful it would be.

• Publicado el 12/9/2020
Richard R.
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
  • Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 20/7/2020

"A decent online accounting system, especially for sole traders and SMEs"

Comentarios: Overall I’m very happy with QBO, but would prefer a more stable pricing model. The pro is £30 per month ex VAT but too many introductory offers e.g 40% off for a year, then 70% for six months. This inconsistency creates frustration for existing customers.

Puntos a favor: As long as you go Pro in the three tiers, QBO has a very good quote to invoice flow, that also easily enables the ordering process to you supplier as part of the workflow. I like how it integrates with HMRC for VAT, easily pull out a quarterly report for the EC sales list, and view cash flow quickly with P+L and Balance Sheet reports.

Contras: I don’t think it handle’s multi currency very well as you can only hold products in one currency. In addition, customising is very limited. Whilst I appreciate that to keep a stable SaaS product means limiting what you can do, it’d still be nice to have a bit more flexibility and options with additional fields and better custom templates (especially purchase orders).

• Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 20/7/2020
Treasurer
Seguridad pública, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 3/6/2020

"Good usability, poor platform"

Comentarios: Good product if you want flexibility in work location and are willing to pay for it. If you ever would consider transferring to desktop, I would recommend not starting with QB Online. There are other similar products that you also can try for less money.

Puntos a favor: The ability to work remotely, or access your data from any computer was very convenient. There was a broad assortment of tools and the ability to customize them to fit different organizations. The software connected with banking institutions fairly easily. It was easy to share data with CPA's for assistance or audit purposes.

Contras: The cost was a major disappointment. We needed to subscribe to the highest tier in order to use the tools for greatest productivity. The price increased rapidly and made for a very expensive year over year cost. That annual cost drove us to switch to the desktop version. We thought that it would be a seamless transfer since they are similar products from the same company. The data conversion was a nightmare. It was confusing for our IT professional to navigate; it took hours to complete the conversion after multiple attempts; some of the data would not convert; the conversion removed ALL of our reconciliations. Over one year later and I am still finding conversion issues.

• Publicado el 3/6/2020
President/Owner
Servicios medioambientales, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/6/2020

"Crucial Part of Any Successful Business"

Comentarios: I have been able to do much better cost-analysis and budgeting using QB. My company's "health" can be monitored regularly that shows me things such as what expenses I need to cut or reduce or what types of services should I be selling more of that show higher profitability. Overall, I am very happy and will continue to learn and utilize it every day. Thanks Intuit!

Puntos a favor: The best features of this software is that it is WEB-BASED and my bookkeeper can CONTINUALLY UPDATE it so that I have real-time data. Quickbooks (QB) SYNCS VERY ACCURATELY with my current CRM system for sales and scheduling which provides me with the ability to create reports from QB that I can use when analyzing profit/loss and balance sheet info.

Contras: The software is relatively easy to use, but I would like to see MORE VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE so that I can use more of the many features that QB has that can help my business.

Ben K.
Bookkeeper
  • Publicado el 8/6/2020

"Great cloud product but not as many features as the desktop software"

Puntos a favor: Everything is online which means you can access your files from any web capable device. No semi-annual upgrades / installs needed.

Contras: It can be clunky sometimes and some of the features are not as robust as the desktop software. The search feature and reporting defaults (cash vs accrual) need to be looked at.

• Publicado el 8/6/2020
Maurice M.
Information Technology Manager
Organización de eventos, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/6/2020

"QuickBooks Online in Technology and Events services"

Comentarios: QuickBooks Online has automated both AP and AR obligations.
Customization of inventory and invoices.

Puntos a favor: We have now been able to forward invoices to clients via emails, using QuickBooks Online, that has reduced our daily hustle.

Contras: QuickBooks Online has got nothing to do with errors abd drawbacks.

Controller
Automoción, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/5/2020

"Great for Small Business Owners"

Comentarios: Their customer service line has been a huge help with any questions that I have and has made it possible for me to implement and use this software. Without it, I'm not sure that I would be able to fully utilize QuickBooks online. Overall, I've had a positive experience with this product and would buy it again

Puntos a favor: We like that we can access QuickBooks from any computer now rather than it simply being on one desktop. The most useful part of this software is knowing that I am compliant in the areas that I need to be as far as payroll goes. I was essentially self taught to do our books and QuickBooks Online made it easy for me to make sure that we were legal in our payroll process and helped me to identify mistakes I had made.

Contras: It is a lot cleaner and the interface is more simple than desktop but sometimes I feel that the functionality is not as good as the desktop version. QuickBooks online does not communicate with Skyworks, an autodealer software, very well and that has been frustrating to have to input the data twice. We are considering moving to a different software for auto dealers and I am anxious to see if it will be able to pull the data into QuickBooks better.

• Publicado el 13/5/2020
Tara J.
  • Publicado el 12/3/2020

"QuickBooks Online has changed my life"

Comentarios: QBO has been life-changing for me and my practice. I have clients all over the country, without QBO is could not have grown my business at the same rate.

Puntos a favor: I love the QBO eco-system. The eco-system allows me to offer more resources and solutions to my clients.
QBO doesn't have to do it all for all industries, it just has to partner with 3rd party app developers that are specialists in their industries.

Contras: There is a lack of communication from Intuit / QuickBooks. For example, if a user can't access their company file, they don't know if it's a QuickBooks issue, an internet issue, a browser issue or user error. I wish QuickBooks would send an email that says QBO is down for an hour. And if a function is not working, let us know, keep us informed of progress made.

• Publicado el 12/3/2020
Janet B.
Accountant
  • Publicado el 14/1/2020

"A must-have for business owners"

Comentarios: The auto-bank download is a must-have in any tax software. The Desktop version requires some steps to manually visit the bank for the download but can be done. QBO is a solid software for small businesses.

Puntos a favor: Good tutorials available, auto-banking transaction download (though it does not work for some banks or credit unions in BC) is a great feature, easy to MATCH or TRANSFER funds. Easy to set up bills and to invoice out of the program.

Contras: A little bit glitchy - sometimes fields get lost, or report titles get shifted and cut-off. Multi-currency requires the user to go online externally to grab exchange rates. It's confusing to issue customer refunds. The tax module (GST, PST) works okay. Bank reconciliations are difficult when there's anything done out of the ordinary, whereas a manual reconciliation would get the job done quicker.

• Publicado el 14/1/2020
Executive Director
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/12/2019

"Quickbooks Online has changed our whole model"

Puntos a favor: Quickbooks online has allowed our organization to update, modernize, and change the way we approach our finances. Within a few months, we moved from a fairly archaic book keeping system to one that is completely modernized, online, and easier to use. Our whole team has saved time and frustration after making the change to QBO. Changing to Quickbooks online has helped us to improve our record-keeping, issue payments faster, made it easier for us to prepare for an annual audit, and provides many different options for planning, budgeting and reporting for a Board of Directors. With a small team, we are very appeciative of the Help features and online support available.

Contras: The only issue I have run into so far with Quickbooks Online is that there is a limit to the number of automatic reports that can be generated. For example, we would love to have the option to pull a variance report automatically from our records. Luckily, Quickbooks Online does provide you the features needed to build custom reports - so we got what we needed with a little bit of work.

• Publicado el 18/12/2019
Phil M.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/11/2019

"A constantly moving target, but works well for basic SB accounting needs..."

Comentarios: We initially moved from QuickBooks Pro Desktop to the Online version to allow for our new Online Service Management System (RazorSync) to easily export invoices into QB for processing. In that regard, QB Online has worked well and met expectations. It's obviously an evolving product and there have been many changes to it over the time we've been on the service; some good, some not-so-much. The reporting module is very limited and unless one of the canned reports is close to what you want it's a struggle to obtain some information in a format that's useful. All those issues aside however it's been a good solution for our company and we expect we'll continue to use it.

Puntos a favor: It's wonderful to have access to our accounting system from any Internet-connected device. Integration with our Service Management System (RazorSync) has allowed us to turn Service Orders into invoices and send them via QuickBooks Online quickly and easily, which has absolutely improved how quickly we get paid on jobs. The Payroll module makes it easy to pay our employees and calculate the necessary withholding and taxes due.

Contras: The reports in the Online version are clunky and horribly limited. Recently Intuit modified what was included in the package we were in and limited the number of accounts we're allowed to have in the Chart of Accounts without paying a higher fee, so we're stuck not being able to add new accounts unless we want to go to the "next tier". Last year we needed to reprint some older tax forms that weren't showing up so we were forced to contact support for assistance. We finally got what we needed done but it took contacting two different support reps as the first one obviously wasn't familiar with the product and made changes to our accounting data that had to then be fixed by the second rep.

• Publicado el 19/11/2019
Gloria P.
Servicios para el consumidor, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/11/2019

"Perfect for small business"

Comentarios: Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Puntos a favor: I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Contras: The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

por Intuit el 5/11/2019

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review!

• Publicado el 4/11/2019
Dan P.
Staff Accountant
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/10/2019

"Great Product for Small Businesses"

Comentarios: Our experience has overall been very good. The price is very reasonable and has made things easier to use. Also, it has saved our company a lot of time and made things very efficient.

Puntos a favor: I like how easy the product is to use. I find it very easy to navigate and figure out how to use different parts of the software. Also, I like that they are continuing to roll out new updates and features. For instance, they just rolled out a feature where they will automatically send out past due notice. This has helped save a lot of time and improved our AR drastically. I think all in all, it has a lot to like about the product.

Contras: I think the reporting can improve a lot. They do have Fathom reporting, but that seems hard to use. I would like for more straight forward reporting that is easier to use. I think their customer service could also improve. Whenever I have a questions, they always provide an answer, but it is not much help. It seems like they need more qualified individuals to help out with any questions you have.

• Publicado el 4/10/2019
Steve B.
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 2/10/2019

"Great where fits - might leave you looking for more"

Comentarios: Moved from QB Desktop. Love having access where-ever and multiple people able to access it. QBO is much less feature rich than QBD. But, with QBD, you have to either log into a server, or remote desktop. It's stuck in the 90's. So, to make it even work, we had to get a plugin to manage our inventory and orders. If QB Desktop version would move online, it would definitely be a 30 year leap back to the present.

Puntos a favor: Quickbooks is easy to use, widely known, and priced affordably. Good for a small business. Having it online was a necessity. Having it link to bank accounts so smoothly is nice.

Contras: If it's not the QB way, you have NO WAY. They are not interested in helping with any needs of YOUR business. If your business doesn't fit into THEIR way, too bad. But, overall, they have a good program that fits most of your business needs.
i.e. If you want sales orders and inventory management - you might as well be asking a rock.
i.e. If you want to use your own credit card processor, they will force extra steps on you and take away features and functionality.

• Publicado el 2/10/2019
Robin P.
Client Relations
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/9/2019

"Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose"

Comentarios: It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Puntos a favor: I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Contras: It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks
There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

por Intuit el 1/10/2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

• Publicado el 26/9/2019
Tim A.
Lead Pastor
Instituciones religiosas, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 18/9/2019

"Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances"

Comentarios: QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Puntos a favor: I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Contras: There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

por Intuit el 19/9/2019

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

• Publicado el 18/9/2019
Sarah B.
VP, Director of Finance
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/9/2019

"Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits"

Comentarios: From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Puntos a favor: Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Contras: The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

por Intuit el 17/9/2019

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106).

Cheering you to continued success!

• Publicado el 17/9/2019
Scott B.
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/9/2019

"The proverbial 800 pound gorilla still works!"

Comentarios: QBO is the only one with the complete package that includes the ability to write and track checks. Since my business is simple, I need a lighter, "for dummies" mode that could remove a lot of clutter when it is not necessary. As a consignment business, I use software that is specific to the industry. It keeps all of the data I need to meet regulations. For QBO, a payment is a simple transaction. I wish the system could be lighter and less cluttered.​

Puntos a favor: Aside from keeping things in order, it allows someone with no accounting experience to do the basic bookkeeping activities, produce reports, and keep up with the finances. I like that it will connect with the bank and download activities! Best of all, it will print checks!

Contras: Connection with the bank can be flakey, depending on the bank. You have to watch the activity because QB does not tell you if there are problems. It should provide an option to warn you when it could not contact the bank overnight. Also, it is very difficult to use the check lineup processes. For some reason, I cannot get the check printing to line up properly and the tools they give do not work well.

• Publicado el 10/9/2019
Lynn B.
Attorney
Práctica de la abogacía, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 9/9/2019

"Almost flawless functionality"

Comentarios: My experience with Quickbooks has been great overall. Have had a few glitches now and again, but (knock wood) it's been working fine for years now. I like the ability to search by client, to print various reports for clients, taxes, etc., and to easily keep track of client retainers. I have not used this software for billing, so I can't really give an opinion. I tried it out, but didn't have the patience to figure it out with respect to legal billing.

Puntos a favor: Quickbooks serves its purpose for me very well as banking software. It keeps track of the checkbook and prints professional-looking checks. I also use it for bookkeeping purposes come tax season by printing out expense reports to see all of my potential tax deductions. It is also pretty good with searching for specific transactions. I do make sure my client name is in the memo field, otherwise I have had trouble searching with other fields (probably "user-error"). It is great for keeping track of client funds, which is essential as an attorney who collects retainers from clients. Reports are also required for client funds/retainers, and they are easy to prepare and print with Quickbooks. Reports are a little complicated because there are so many to choose from, but once you know which ones are actually useful, they are great.

Contras: Intuit has been very clear that they will no longer support my version of Quickbooks. I had no need to update otherwise, so I am working with a version that I can no longer get any assistance with if anything goes wrong. Also, the back-up data files do not sync with my cloud software for some reason, so there is always an error message in that regard on my cloud software (which I cannot get any help with because I have an outdated version). The search engine is workable, but I have learned to put the client's name in the memo field for every transaction so I know how to get an accurate list of transactions for a client.

por Intuit el 10/9/2019

Organization is key for any business, so it's great to know you've been able to keep track of your banking, bookkeeping, and tax aspects all in one space, Lynn! We appreciate you being a loyal member of the QuickBooks family and you can count on the software to help lighten your workload for years to come. If you do decide you'd like to update your account, this article is a great place to start (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/update-products/update-to-the-latest-release-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/203221). For additional resources and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thank you for review!

• Publicado el 9/9/2019
Jennifer W.
  • Publicado el 27/8/2019

"Quickbooks has made my practice"

Comentarios: Overall this software has changed the face of my practice and how it operates. I was previously using Solar Desktop software but Quickbooks software has enabled me to be able to take on more clients, provide them with access to their accounts online, be able to confidently provide my clients with accurate training and support and it has also saved me a lot of time with some tasks such as bank reconciliations, entering transactions using bank feeds etc.

Puntos a favor: Initially, I really loved the fact that you could receive very in-depth free training from home and in a classroom environment. Also, the fact that Accountants receive a licence for free for their own practice. I like the entire 'look' of the software, it doesn't feel overly complicated and is very user friendly. The help files and online helpdesk are extremely useful. I like that I can restrict the permissions that my clients have in order to avoid any unwanted mistakes being made but do feel that the permissions need to be more tailorable. I really like having the ability to set up recurring invoices which minimises the amount of time I have to spend on monthly repeating invoices.

Contras: I feel the permissions that you can set for individual clients is not restrictive enough - I would like to be able to enable clients to create their own sales invoices and purchase invoices but maybe restrict them from being able to delete them as this has caused many issues with some of my clients. Also, the system can be a bit 'glitchy' on occasion and the figures it sometimes produces on the trial balance report is not always accurate - usually the Sales figure is inaccurate for previous financial years which can be most frustrating. I also don't like that fact that, as a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, you cannot purchase any discounted bundles of licences. I also don't like the way you have to allocate a purchase credit note to the original purchase order - it is far too confusing and causes many errors by my clients.

• Publicado el 27/8/2019
Kaitlen C.
Bookkeeper/Payroll Associate
  • Publicado el 1/8/2019

"Our Cloud Accounting Software of Choice"

Comentarios: The freedom that QBO provides you is amazing. I recently moved to BC from Ontario and was able to keep my job because our firm uses QBO. If we had been on desktop for our clients, I would't have been able to keep my job and would have had to find work elsewhere. My boss is about to work remotely from her cottage for the month of August because she CAN! How many people do you know can say that?

Puntos a favor: I find QBO to be super user friendly. I love that they have a training program so you can become basic and advanced certified. We make everyone in the office do the certification program, but nothing beats user experience. QBO is the first cloud-based accounting software I was introduced to, and I find it fabulous. I even recommended it to my parents for their business instead of their custom desktop-based software and they are going to move to it at the end of August.

Contras: Sometimes the banking feeds have a hard time staying connected which can be very frustrating. It's not Quickbook's fault for this - it's the banks. But it is still frustrating at times when you lose a connection and have to call up your client to re-enter their details. Thank goodness for screen-sharing! Their customer support has lovely people, but they are not always knowledge in the ways they should be. A lot of the times, we already know the issue that we are experiencing and need to speak to someone high-level to be able to resolve the issue. There should be an advanced call center to be able to speak to extememly well-versed people that know QBO in and out.

• Publicado el 1/8/2019