Opiniones de Float

Sobre Float

Software para gestión de recursos para equipos. Ayuda a más de 3000 equipos globales a planificar y programar sus recursos.

Descubre más sobre Float

The Microsoft Calendar integrations it's very good.

Contras:

It's not that mobile-friendly at the moment. I've got trouble scrolling all the way to the bottom.

Valoraciones de Float

Relación calidad-precio
4.4

Probabilidad de recomendación

8.3/10

Float tiene una valoración global de 4.5 estrellas sobre 5 según las 1,387 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Float antes?

Filtrar opiniones (1,387)

Peter
Projectmanager
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados

Easy Ressource Planning Tool

5.0 el año pasado
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Esmeralda Mónica
Medico en Ecuador
Dispositivos médicos, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Float: Contar las horas de las tareas

4.0 hace 3 meses

Es una herramienta que facilita el conteo de horas

Contras:

No tiene mucha ayuda hacia el trabajador mas beneficios al jefe

christian
Vendedor en Perú
Comercio mayorista, 11-50 empleados

Software facil de desarrollar

4.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Sus datos no son compartidas y tus contactos estan seguros

Contras:

Es una aplicacion no tan difundida ni tiene tanta publicidad

Aidan
Aidan
Chief Product Officer en RU
Fuente de la reseña

Beautifully simple and easy to use

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Float is a product I like using, and I wish some of its features and UX elements were in the other software that I use! We use Synergist for job and project management, but Float for scheduling because it UX is so much better than Synergist's scheduler tool.

Float's user interface and logic are inspirational. They have made the activity of coordinating multiple resources on multiple projects about as easy as it can be. They have paid a lot of attention to usability, efficient use of screen real estate and simple navigation. However the killer feature is the intuitive yet clever way that searching and data navigation work. All searching and filtering is done using a single search field, which offers indexed word search on pretty much everything including tags. There is also a well-worked out protocol for handling union and intersect searches.

Contras:

The only real bugbear is that any user that can enter data into the system can define new values for any field. It isn't possible to centrally control lists such as task names, clients, job descriptions etc. This means that if you have more than one person using the system, very quickly you get different versions of the same thing being defined (e.g. job roles being slightly different) which makes it difficult to analyse across records. Not a dealbreaker, but I do think it should be possible to lock down lists of values. Also it would be good if you could zoom out the view a little more - if you're dealing with more than a dozen resources/projects.

Jarmo
Coordination Design in Global Project en Finlandia
Construcción naval, 201-500 empleados

An Outstanding Float Experience

5.0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall, my experience with Float has been overwhelmingly positive. The user-friendly interface and the customer support have made it one of my favorite scheduling tools. I'm able to easily organize and plan my tasks and I'm able to move and adjust my schedule with ease. The only issue I have encountered is the lack of an integrated time tracking feature, which can be a bit of a hassle.

Float is an excellent scheduling tool that I have been using for months now. It is user-friendly, intuitive and the customer service is top-notch. I love the flexibility of the platform, which enables me to easily move and adjust my schedule when needed. It's a great way to keep organized and on top of my tasks.

Contras:

Only negativity I've experienced with Float is the fact that it doesn't have an integrated time tracking feature. This means I have to manually keep track of the time I spend on each task, making it a bit cumbersome.

Laura
Production Coordinator en RU
Producción audiovisual, 2-10 empleados

Great value. Lots of potential

3.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I've been using CETA scheduling software for the last 4 years in big VFX companies and I must say that Float is not there yet but is actually getting broadly comparable. In the last 4 months that I introduced it into my new team it's proved to be quite useful to keep track of the progression of our projects. During these months I've seen that it has already improved in many areas that I'm excited to see what comes next.
I can see it can become a really powerful software.

There aren't may softwares that let you schedule a team in such an easy and organised way. I think most softwares nowadays are too complex and make you spend more time organising tasks than actually working on them. Float is so clear and simple you can actually use it to manage big projects without spending too much time on it.

Contras:

It's getting better, but it would be very useful if we could: - Right click on a pencil and be able to copy it over into a different person. - Book more than one person on the same project (for example if two workers are on the same project because one of them is doing a training but you don't want to charge twice for that time). - Lately when I try to schedule more than 1 project in one day on the same person I get a message saying I can't schedule anyone for more than 24 hours) even if I'm not exceeding the 8 normal working hours. It'd be great if that could be fixed. - It'd be good if milestones were more visible. - I think reports should be a bit less complicated and more visual. - It'd be really helpful if you could group projects up in folders when you go to the Projects tab as at the moment we have like... 45 different projects going on and although we color code them it's difficult to organise all of them. -I'd like to have more than only three types of view when looking at our schedules a part from 'Days, 'Weeks' and 'Months'. It'd be great if you could 'Archive' users as well as projects. So when a worker it's not working at the company anymore and you don't want to pay for it on Float you can kind of 'Archive' him (so you are not able to book him on anything but still you can see him on the boards so you don't loose what it's been scheduled on him.)

Alban
Ingénieur en Camerún
Animación, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Speed in setting up project

5.0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: I'haven't been using the float software for 1 year ,I have been able to set up all the project from start to finish without encountering any real problem

Easy in editing projects. The paid version is good because is make the software accessible to everyone. It allows me manage the work schedules of employees by assigning them specific tasks.

Contras:

So far, i',m happy with float's service . No cons found so far on float software. But the free version don't have different with paid version

Martijn
Martijn
Strategic Designer en Países Bajos
Diseño, 2-10 empleados

Great tool!

4.0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: Overall we love to use float. We especially like the time logging features.

The interface has a great overview. Adding projects and tasks is intuitive and the colours make every tasks and project stand out. Logging time is really easy. We were not interested in a "log-per-minute" type of application but rather one where you can just log bigger blocks. Float helped us plan and log our time better.

Contras:

Planning a project is not super extensive. Float has some tools but the tools are a bit limited. The time tracking feature is the feature we use the most, it is a shame that is not available separately.

hace 7 meses

Thanks for your review, Martijn! Excellent that Float is helping you plan and track your time better. We have some exciting new time tracking features coming soon, stay tuned!

Amanda
Amanda
Digital Producer en Suecia
Fuente de la reseña

One of the better project management tools out there

4.0 hace 3 años

I like that you can split bookings and set different hours on different dates, rather than blanket booking a full resource.

Contras:

I dislike that you must click more than 2 times to add a new project. It's an extra step that I find a bit more cumbersome than other project tools.

Prabhakar
Software engineer en India
Seguridad informática y de redes, 5,001-10,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Good

5.0 hace 2 meses

I am very satisfied to work with float . It is really programmer friendly.

Contras:

I think it is enough to work with but may can also add some new features

Nuria
SEM/PPC Account Manager en España
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Really useful for scheduling people's time on projects

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: I would really recommend it, really responsive interface.

The way in which it enables you to see who is available and when, and who is in cahrge and working on each project.

Contras:

Te difficulties that sometimes appear when adding half day tasks.

Hazel Ann
Customer Service Representative en Filipinas
Servicios para el consumidor, 10,000+ empleados

Float Review

5.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Everything. It's a big help when it comes to scheduling and time tracking.

Contras:

None, so far. I've been using this since I started work and it's really great.

Peter
Mechanic en EE. UU.
Automoción, 2-10 empleados

Float

4.0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: My overall experience with float has been a good experience. I would recommend to anyone. As it's helped me keep better record of people. Its also saved me time .

The one thing I like the most about float is it saves me time. As I can keep track of all my data and employees information in one place.

Contras:

So far I haven't had any issues or haven't ran into any bad expectations.

Roger
dev manager en RU

Alternativas consideradas:

Development company taking next steps in project management

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: A very positive experience allowing the company I work for to get better more accurate project plans and financial reports.

The ease of use as a one stop shop, browser based to allow all the development team (and subsiduary but linked teams) to see important dates like dev complete, bug fix windows, cert windows and release dates. The ability to quickly block out time for features and projects. The ability to add notes and details to tasks. Fully fleshed out holiday and time off structure. Robust financial reports possible with very high degree of accuracy for budget per project, per quarter, per annum. We used to get by with using Excel, we invested in Float and it has taken the companies' project planning to the next step. I would recommend Float for small to mid sized companies definitely, it is a great product boost and good way of reporting and seeing issues early.

Contras:

it does not allow you to easily move a bunch of small tasks along in the timeline, that's my only main gripe, you can't band box select you have to shift select. Everything else is intuitive and easy.

Rawiri
Consultant en Australia

How Float works for us

4.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: After using the Trial, we found the best way to apply it to our business and implemented quickly for Live usage. We have been using Float daily since and it has been successful in providing a complete overview of staff workload and availability. It provides clarity for future scheduling.

* Provides an overview of scheduled work and staff availability for forecasting and scheduling * Ability to assign consultants to specific projects, while also assigning individual tasks. * Minimal duplication of work as the system maintains the lifetime of the projects * Ability to link to Jira tasks * Easy to schedule timeframes * Can view based on teams or individuals

Contras:

Not a lot we didn't like, but it would be great to have; * Task breakdowns * Two way Jira linking (Currently only from Jira) * Pull more data from Jira (Timeframes etc)

Ben
Project Delivery Lead en Australia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Simple and powerful resource management tool to manage team workload

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We really love Float and it’s been a game changer in effectively managing our resources across projects. We now have a clear view on our resource pipeline and it’s allowed project managers to better utilise team based on availability and make more informed hiring decisions.

Easy to setup and use without any training required. Clean interface that makes it easy to view and update resources assigned to projects. Love the ability to easily drag to extend duration of tasks assigned.

Contras:

Would be great if there was a better integration with our timesheet tool (Xero) to populate timesheets automatically based on plan in Float.

hace 2 años

Hi Ben, Thanks for your review! I've passed your Xero integration request to our team. I also wanted to let you know that we do have a time tracking add-on in Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on the work schedule. You can find out how it works here, https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking. All Float users can try time tracking free for 30 days. The Account Owner needs to activate this from the Team Settings in Float. If you want a demo of how it works, or have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected] Thanks again for the review! Cheers, Siobhan

Stephen
Operations Manager en RU
Software informático, 11-50 empleados

Easy to use

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have a team spread around the globe and this really highlights what work and projects are being carried out by the team and provides a good forecast of where resource shortfalls are.

The software is easy to use and has many features that support resource planning in flexible ways.

Contras:

There could be some work on the global settings where we can convert from a local currency (i.e. Euros, Pounds, Aussie dollars) into a default currency to see how projects compare with each other when normalised.

Rick
Developer en Países Bajos
Internet, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great tool for day to day business!

4.0 hace 3 años

Float is very easy to use and makes you activities for the day very insight-full. As project manager it is possible to see all the activities for the team in a blink of an eye. The sorting functions are great; by project, by team and more. Also adding repetitive tasks and scheduled items is very easy. This tool improved our daily workflow greatly!

Contras:

For now we really don't have any dislikes at all. All our requirements for good planning/team management software are met in Float.

Marketing & Comms en RU
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great tool for roadmapping personal/team schedules

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It has definitely been a step in the right direction for our business using float and has a better visual to some alternatives such as monday.com.

It is easy to see what myself and my colleagues have got scheduled to help make sure that resources are managed effectively.

Contras:

There is not much integration with other applications that we use which means at the moment it is a stand alone product that we use in our business. If there was more integration then we would be able to utilise the functionality more effectively.

hace 2 años

Hi, Thanks for your review! You can check out Floats direct integrations, including a Slack notification app, on our website here, https://www.float.com/integrations. We welcome hearing any other integration requests you have. Please email [email protected] Cheers, Siobhan

Merle
Head of Animation en RU
Marketing y publicidad, 201-500 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Integral part of our internal production process

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Float has honestly been a game changer for our studio and as a result, the wider business. The minute we first started using the platform, it transformed the way we visualise our busy schedules and communicated with the wider teams about our availability and timelines. It's made our lives easier and simplified the overall production process - taking a lot of guesswork and confusion out of the equation.

The simplicity and immediacy of the timeline interface is massively important for digesting and understanding an often hectic and clogged schedule. Customisation of clients, projects and tasks means that we can see, at a glance, exactly what clients and projects we are working with - it takes a lot of the project management stress out of the process for teams like mine, who need to focus on their own tasks at hand.

Contras:

I think there could be more options to input information within the tasks in a schedule - although there is a notes section, it would be great to see more integration with other platforms like the Google suite (Drive, slides, docs) that could streamline our process even more.

Joseph
Resource planning intern en RU
Servicios medioambientales, 501-1,000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Intuitive and helpful software, let down by occasional performance issues

4.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Although I list here several cons, I think these are far outweighed by the practical benefits of using the product, and certainly don’t dampen the experience too much. My experience so far with Float has been one of trying to make it reflect reality, and encourage adoption within our organisation. I think the real advantage of using it will be one project managers are widely aware of its benefits, and proactively use it to resource projects and keep abreast of changes in the availability of our team.

Float is an incredibly intuitive piece of software to use, with a simple calendar-like interface that everyone can understand. I have found that this aspect of the software is helpful in promoting its adoption within our teams. The experience is consistent across the product, which has allowed me to discover more and more features in and enrich the experience of using the product.

Contras:

The performance of the software is occasionally a bit lacklustre. For example, I often find myself accidentally clicking somewhere on the screen which prompts a dialogue box to open to enter a new task. This problem is especially pronounced when using a trackpad, and isn’t something that I experience elsewhere. Additionally, the interface seems to have a strange way of ‘splitting’ tasks that occur across multiple days. I have found that it often leaves blank gaps that give the illusion that a team member is working more hours per day than they actually are. There are a few features that I would like to see when going forward. Firstly, I think it would be good if there were different options when ‘resizing’ a task. Currently, the task can be resized independently across both axes (i.e. how many hours per day, and across how many days). I think it would be good if there were an option for these to affect each other – i.e. the total number of hours allocated to the project remains the same and could be allocated fewer hours across more days, or more hours across fewer days.

Mel
Planner en RU
Marketing y publicidad, 201-500 empleados

Good for visibility

5.0 hace 2 años

Easy to use and it's simple to scroll backwards to check your historical or upcoming bookings. As a user it does all I need it to do.

Contras:

I've previously used Synergist which was great for production resources as all the bookings automatically pre-populated timesheets ready to add hours and submit. I'm not sure if Float has this functionality but our organisation uses separate systems for both, and I find it does add a little more effort to time logging.

hace 2 años

Hi Mel, Thanks so much for your review! We do have a time-tracking add-on feature in Float that pre-filles your team's timesheets based on their work schedule. You can check out how it works here, https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking. All Float customers are welcome to a free 30 day trial of the feature. An Account Owner can activate this from the Team Settings inside Float. If you'd like a demo or have any questions about how time tracking works, please feel free to email us at [email protected] Thanks again for the review! Cheers, Siobhan

Anna Maria
Project Manager en Grecia
Servicios de información, 51-200 empleados

Review

4.0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: Very easy

Easy of use, minimal UI, Non technical people can use it.

Contras:

You can't easily write on a task. You can't limit the hours of workers.

hace 7 meses

Thank you for your review, Anna Maria! Great to hear that you're finding Float easy to use. To limit a person's hours, try adding custom hours: https://support.float.com/en/articles/28934-set-individual-custom-hours-and-work-days

michelle
producer en EE. UU.
Medios de difusión, 11-50 empleados

Float Review

5.0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: great for scheduling. pretty happy with everything

I like the range of colors we are able to use. easy to adjust timing per day and see total time for each project

Contras:

I wish there was a way for my team members to see everyone elses schedule. I can see the full team, but each individual can only see their own.

hace 7 meses

Thanks for your review, Michelle! Great that Float is helping you schedule your team's time. A note about who can see and edit other Members' schedules -- your Float Admin can adjust access rights to allow for this. More info here: https://support.float.com/en/articles/5215287-access-rights Hope this helps!

Lead Developer en RU

Flexible, collaborative scheduling

5.0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It's been a learning experience for us as a team, and myself as an individual. We now push all work in as soon as we even believe it will happen and mark it as tentative. We can add milestones and deliverables so everyone collaborating on the schedule can see how much work there is and how likely it is they'll be able to add more in. A great tool that's got us away from the horror of scheduling in excel.

Can easily see the whole stream of work. We were using excel, not ideal, especially when it came to needing to change it and others had it open. We'd done this for years, not great. This tool means we can react faster to the needs of our busy studio. Adding milestones has been invaluable because we can easily see where pinch points will happen. Handling employee leave and work hours is now super seamless as float deals with it for you using the 'time off' feature.

Contras:

It can be fiddly to arrange work in the correct order if you're doing less than half a day block at a time. Fortunately, this doesn't typically affect us, as we deal almost exclusively with long term, large projects.

Jonathan
Commercial Director en RU
Fuente de la reseña

Long time user and never found anything better

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It's a great app that helps us every single day to simply and effectively manage resource without the process becoming a chore.

Float is the most straightforward product in our software stack. Every new start knows how to use it within a few minutes of creating an account, and we are able to allocate our resource quickly without the software getting in the way of the work which I wish we could say about all of the products that we use.

Contras:

Not really a criticism of float but I will be looking to find an agency management solution that has a float integration if possible and if not another method of sync as we would hate to leave float behind.

hace 2 años

Thanks for your review Jonathan! You can check out our direct integrations here, https://www.float.com/integrations, and please feel welcome to send any requests to [email protected] Cheers, Siobhan