15 años ayudando a las empresas peruanas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre Fishbowl

Sólidas funciones de control de inventario para usuarios de QuickBooks, mayoristas, distribuidores, minoristas y fabricantes.

Descubre más sobre Fishbowl

Puntos a favor:

It makes training for accounting much easier. From a manufacturing perspective, FishBowl is a fairly powerful tool that can track inventory and assist in production planning.

Contras:

The user interface is difficult to navigate and make sense of.

Valoraciones de Fishbowl

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
4.1
Atención al cliente
4.2
Funcionalidades
4.1
Relación calidad-precio
4.1

Probabilidad de recomendación

7.7/10

Fishbowl tiene una valoración global de 4.1 estrellas sobre 5 según las 860 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Fishbowl antes?

Comparte tu experiencia con otros compradores de software.

Filtrar opiniones (860)

Almudena
Especialista comercial en España
Seguros, 501-1,000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 6-12 meses
Fuente de la reseña

Gran gestor de proyectos colaborativos

4.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Suficiente para pequeños fabricantes o distribuidores a un coste muy inferior a otros ERP's. Si necesitas gestionar un inventario, pedidos o compras, esto es lo que necesitas.

Puntos a favor:

Es sencillo de implantar y la curva de aprendizaje es sencilla y rápida. Posible conectarlo con otros softwares de terceros y seguimientos de empresas de transporte.

Contras:

La gestión de informes es mejorable. Aunque tienen varios informes para elegir, siento que algunos de ellos se pueden actualizar para incluir más de un producto a la vez. Por ejemplo, al buscar un producto que se vendió en un día en particular y tiene más de un tamaño del mismo producto, sería bueno poder seleccionar tantos productos como se desee en lugar de uno a la vez.

Santiago
ingenieria sistemas en Colombia
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Hardware informático, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña

Learning with Fishbowl

4.0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: Es un buen software me encanta que sea facil de usar y implementar.

Puntos a favor:

Es una aplicación que se le agradece lo increíblemente intuitiva que es y fácil de usar, gracias a esto agiliza bastante la implementación de este software para con los usuarios, es sencillo de usar y tiene muchas funciones interesantes.

Contras:

Podría mejorar un poco su soporte técnico

Usuario verificado
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Comercio minorista, 51-200 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Fishbowl para warehouse

2.0 el año pasado

Puntos a favor:

Sistema facil de usar. Funciones disponibles para escaneo de productos, envío y shipping. Generador de órdenes de pedidos e inventario

Contras:

En ocasiones muy lento. Cuando varios usuarios se loguean en la aplicación se torna muy lento o imposible de entrar

Hilary
Hilary
Sales & Marketing Coordinator en EE. UU.
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Asset to Our Company

5.0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: They have done a wonderful job in taking care of us from learning to use it to just small mistakes here and there. The support is outstanding.

Puntos a favor:

Fishbowl is a great asset to our company. It has been wonderful in helping us manage inventory for our warehouse and tracking errors. The customer support is always amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our representative is one of the most helpful people. He goes above and beyond to make sure we are satisfied with the product.

Contras:

Some reports cost extra, but I understand that it takes them time to write it. The turn around is usually fast.

Respuesta de Fishbowl

hace 3 años

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, Hilary. We are so glad to hear that your experience has been satisfactory for you and your company. We appreciate your business.

Kyle
Operations Manager en EE. UU.
Empaquetado/entrega de mercancía, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 6-12 meses
Fuente de la reseña

Alternativas consideradas:

Easy to use, but missing some standard features.

5.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall, very enjoyable. As my operations grow, I will seek out Fishbowl to see if I'm actually able to do the things I've mentioned above, or what they suggestion to do instead. The help desk team is great and very responsive. I've received a lot of help from them.

Puntos a favor:

I've used SAP and Oracle for previous companies, and Fishbowl is very easy to use and overall very intuitive. I enjoy using this system.

Contras:

Not able to store more than Scheduled Date per sales order. Some customers POs have multiple lines and different due dates per line. I'm unable to do the same and then partial ship and keep track of the order like on larger ERP systems. As far as I understand, Fishbowl is not capable of reporting OTD because there isn't enough date submission options. It's frustrating not being able to highlight any text to copy and past in another location or for another program (Word, Excel). There are only a few places FB allows me to highlight and copy the info. The rest I'm unable to. Being able to highlight and copy anything would improve ease of use.

Justin
President en EE. UU.
Materiales de construcción, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la reseña

Alternativas consideradas:

Terrible Decision - Worst Customer Service - Try Anyone else!

1.0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Not only did Fishbowl fail to provide adequate communication during the entire process, but they also refused to give me a refund. It's outrageous that they charge such exorbitant fees for subpar service. I highly recommend avoiding this company at all costs and switching to Netsuite instead. If anyone is considering switching to Netsuite, please reach out to me. I will do everything in my power to help others avoid the mistake I made by signing up with Fishbowl. Shame on this company for their unethical practices and shame on [sensitive content hidden] for being a liar and thief. Stay away from him at all costs if you want any chance of success with Fishbowl.

Puntos a favor:

The only pro is that its an ERP system that can integrate with your existing QuickBooks, but its not worth it. So please go to someone else.

Contras:

I had the unfortunate experience of working with [sensitive content hidden] as my account manager from Fishbowl. From day one, he boasted about being the best in the industry, but I can confidently say that I've never encountered a worse representation of a company. During our implementation process, it would take [sensitive content hidden] 48-72 hours to respond to my inquiries. This delay not only hindered our progress but also showed his lack of dedication and professionalism. He lied about his capabilities from the start, painting himself as a competent account manager when in reality, he's no better than a shady used car salesman. Despite expressing my concerns about the importance of timely communication for my business, [sensitive content hidden] continued to ignore me. It was clear that he had no regard for my needs and only cared about making a quick sale. As a result, I decided not to continue with Fishbowl and switched to a more professional ERP service like Netsuite.

George
VP OF Sales en Portugal
Almacenamiento, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Alternativas consideradas:

Overall review of FB

4.0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Your senior support team like Brison are what keeps FB working at an acceptable rate.
Overall, we finally see improvements in customer support.

Puntos a favor:

Pricing and affordability. Extensive training not required for all employees.

Contras:

Plug-ins not working. spent countless hours fixing Plug-in issues. Then we had to dish out another 6k for sellware after we already paid for the original plugins. Not a way to do business.!

R. Craig
IT Manager en EE. UU.
Construcción, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

A Very Good Manufacturing Inventory and Order Management System!

5.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: The service has been very good! Overall it is a very good great option for manufacturers as well as distributors!

Puntos a favor:

It handles sales order entry well throughout the manufacturing and shipping process. It also handles the purchasing of parts from different vendors extremely well. The Bill of Materials handles multiple levels of assemblies within assemblies very well.

Contras:

It has a lot of good pricing rules for all kinds of occasions. But it lacks last cost pricing for manufactured products.

Tray
President en EE. UU.
Aerolíneas/aviación, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Review after 7 years

4.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall has been good, as long as willing to spend significant time learning thier system without any help

Puntos a favor:

Migration to SQL database allowing integration with other systems.

Contras:

After selling to a larger company, support is almost non existant, if your small thet dont seem to care. Have tried to book many support sessions and never any availability unless you want to wait 2+ months. Good luck getting them on the phone, the chat works and will waste an entire day trying to explain any issues

Kevin
Vice President en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña

User Friendly ERP System

5.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Puntos a favor:

Easy to use, and thorough support documentation

Contras:

Cost seems high for the program when compared to other services

Scott
President en Canadá
Alimentación y bebidas, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la reseña

From Netsuite to Fishbowl in 30 days

4.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Compared with operating Netsuite, the overhead is much lower, a sandbox was provided free of charge, the set up is more straightforward and the users feel more empowered to work with the system to improve the initial implementation. Its more forgiving and likely a better choice for a smaller business.

Puntos a favor:

We appreciate that Fishbowl does what it says. Its not trying to be everything to everyone which keeps the implementation relatively straightforward. Fishbowl has great customer service, and their support and availability during the setup phase of implementation has been excellent!

Contras:

The client/server architecture seems a little old fashioned and the integration with manufacturing QC is not very strong. Internal reporting functions aren't awesome but connectivity to Power BI enhances the experience.

Beth
Financial Accounting en EE. UU.
Producción de alimentos, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Good product

4.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Puntos a favor:

Really good at Sales, very helpful customer service

Contras:

Not user friendly, takes awhile to learn the system.

Derek
Systems Analyst and I.T. en Canadá
Ocio, viajes y turismo, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la reseña

Flexible and Full Featured

4.0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: It has been good, and is getting better all the time. Telephone support and dedicated Account Reps are excellent.

Puntos a favor:

It can support several inventory costing methods, multiple currencies, integrations with the most popular sales channels, and has the best mobile app for Zebra scanners that I've seen -- and I have compared all of the major players in the space. The initial cost for Fishbowl is low, and grows as you grow and can afford it, through per-seat licences.

Contras:

Some of the user interface design could be more intuitive (such as through the use of proper tab and body structure, or placing controls in close proximity to the data being controlled). Email-based support borders on useless.

Angelo
Associate Product Manager en Benín
Internet, 201-500 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña

A Comprehensive Inventory Management Tool

5.0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have been using Fishbowl for several months now and I am very happy with the results. It's a comprehensive inventory management tool with a wide range of features and options. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and customer support is quick and helpful when needed. The pricing structure can be a bit complex, but overall, Fishbowl is an excellent choice for inventory management.

Puntos a favor:

Fishbowl is an incredibly comprehensive inventory management tool. It has a wide range of features and options that make it easy to keep track of all the items in your inventory. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the customer support is top-notch. I highly recommend Fishbowl for anyone looking for a reliable inventory management solution.

Contras:

Fishbowl's pricing structure can be a bit confusing, and it can be hard to determine what the best option is for your particular situation. Additionally, the customer support could be improved, as there is sometimes a long wait time for help. Overall, though, Fishbowl is a great option for anyone looking for a reliable inventory management solution.

Dasha
Business Development Director en EE. UU.
Dispositivos médicos, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Alternativas consideradas:

Too Expensive, Unintuitive, and Aesthetically Unpleasing

3.0 hace 3 años

Puntos a favor:

It meets our basic needs for manufacturing and sales.

Contras:

The flow from the creation of a sales order to the fulfillment is flawed. If a customer pre-pays, we have to artificially fulfill the order, export it to QuickBooks, charge the customer through QuickBooks, then manually notify the fulfillment department to release the purchase order to UPS.

Cindy
Art Director en EE. UU.
Automoción, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Fast and Easy to Use!

5.0 hace 2 años

Puntos a favor:

Integration with our accounting software. Able to save documents to the drive for later recall. Multiple users in the system without slow down. Get ship quotes while staying in the sales order. Able to email customer estimates from sales order.

Contras:

Updates sometimes cause issues with the software and need to be addressed by customer service. Customer service is only open 8-6 mountain time. Our third party forms are easily broken when major updates are needed. This slows our processes down.

Cassie
VP en EE. UU.
Almacenamiento, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

FB has abled our business to grow from a home based co. to a 10,000ft fully functioning warehouse

5.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Being able to operate above and beyond to what we used to. We can now compete with our competitors

Puntos a favor:

I absolutely love that FB is easy to use and easy to teach. It has all the features that our company uses daily. Examples include customer pricing rules, customer "numbers" or customer sku's, Auto PO function, The import/export feature has been a God-send when we need to import products to our website or send information to our customers. The substitute feature is very helpful too. We also really love how we can create custom fields within every module. I really love how the FB team remembers our company when we call and goes above and beyond when we have a hiccup or questions. We can thank FB for some of our company's success. W/o being able to correctly track inventory and use it for daily operations, we wouldn't be operating at the level we are today.

Contras:

There aren't things that I like "the least" but there are things I wish FB offered/had that would help our type of business/company. This includes: 1) Since we are a product distributor, we provide a lot of our customers w/ "quotes." FB has the ability to create an "estimate" but no way to store it or look back at it for reference. Pricing rules are essentially only created in our line of operation when a customer begins buying a product. So, we have to create "quotes" on excel sheets and save them on our network folder. So it would be easier if it was all w/in FB. Or if there was a different section from pricing rules that you could make a pricing rule? If that makes sense 2) Wish we could customize reports that are staples of FB w/o paying high dollar. For ex. the packing slip should have a signature line or at least the option to include it. Or there should be options on layouts or what columns to include. Also, we've gotten feedback from customers on how they wish the item # and description where split into different columns. 3) If FB alerted a user if a sales order has been in the system for "x" amount of time. Like a dormant SO in FB 4) Be able to sort the packing slip. Ex. by Item #, customer #, item description, etc. 5) Had a UNSPSC code field. We've found that this is going to be an important code for future web sales.

Vinko
Director of Operations en EE. UU.
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la reseña
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Could be a good fit/value for some with a few significant caveats

3.0 hace 8 años

Puntos a favor:

We run FB 2016.11 with QuickBooks Premier 2015. FB handles quoting, sales orders, your basic pick/pack/ship, purchase orders and inventory. It has BOM capability but we find this limited. The price was right for us, esp. compared to our previous Sage software. Prepare to spend 3 to 4x the cost of the software in customization, support and initial set-up. Find other companies doing what you do (or more importantly the way you do it) and see FB in action. The software continues to have limitations and I have continued reservations about that. Some previous reviews bring this up: one's requests aren't really acknowledged or their sort of pooh-poohed. That doesn't make for a good feeling. Despite all the frustrations, limitations, and problems, Fishbowl has helped us. We'd purchase it again. We're at a point where we are again growing, and I think FB can grow with us.

Contras:

I read through all the reviews (at this time 126 of them) and agree with the many that indicate that support is very difficult to get a hold of. I also echo the complaints about the need for A LOT of custom reports for simple things. And the fact that the software has bugs and that you WILL be resetting your server to complete end-of-day export to Quickbooks. Maybe more often if you export more frequently. But it is getting BETTER with every release. Still, there is no "user accountability" (again, to echo another review) with SO, PO, etc. Nor is there accountability with inventory entry. You simply have very few opportunities to have documented the ways in which your users interact with Fishbowl. And this lack is serious and can have consequences for your business. Further: be prepared for the result of the lack of customer support: Fishbowl relies on a network of consultants. You've got to get a good one to help you with bugs, problems, fixes, custom reports. And that can be expensive. There's some good consultants and bad consultants. The best consultants I've worked with admit Fishbowl's shortcomings but see the *potential* I can understand the criticisms of FB's sales staff in previous reviews. But these have to be put into context. I guess it's like a lot of sales people who promise you things. But what I would add is the sales people at the beginning of the process are so attentive than when you arrive to the post-sale status, it's just a little jarring how non-attentive the customer support staff are. So that might be the source of that criticism. From what I understand, you've got a lot of sales people, very few support people, and a lot of earnest, hardworking (and overworked) developers and programmers. I think they want to do good work and make a good product. I could speculate why the difficulties are present here but I don't have a full enough understanding to say anything more useful beyond my initial impressions and conversations with Fishbowl people. Finally: speaking of *potential*, I really do think Fishbowl has been good us and has the potential to be even better. But the number one problem may be the corporate culture. And I think I'm being fair in my assessment here. For the culture is a circle-the-wagons mentality. And it lacks transparency. Sure, there are customers who express their frustrations, but one must put those frustrations and the way the users express them into *context*. I think to its own detriment, Fishbowl does not do this. I'm not sure if I were purchasing today (and without having had the experience with Fishbowl that I now do and seeing what I now see it can do for us) that I would purchase it. One small example: Fishbowl used to have a user support forum where users could interact and sometimes FB employees would participate. That forum allowed us to see ways in which people were using Fishbowl. Apparently, some people were badmouthing the company (sometimes rightly), so FB canned the forum. (I think you can still see a google cache of it). I can think of dozens of user support forums from big (Apple) to small (smaller software) where users proffer all sorts of opinions. This doesn't stop them from allowing the community a voice. Or from users helping one another and building a supporting (and supportive) community that can benefit users. But again, the corporate culture is such that transparency appears to have little value. Perhaps FB wants to "control their narrative" from a centralized place. Many of its users would, I'm sure, defend Fishbowl from silly or inane comments and yet let the substantive comments stand as beneficial. For example: case studies. It's important for the potential buyer to get a full view of what and how FB is serving a particular customer with particular needs. That can influence a purchasing decision. You're not going to get serious help with understanding whether FB is right for you with these with facile, superficial "case studies" not generated by real users themselves but rather downloaded from the company website. These types of things often lack substance. They are more marketing material and than informed aids for purchasing decisions. We were approached to participate in such a study and we said no. In that context, we didn't think it wasn't the right thing to do and it didn't feel like a good fit with our values.

Marja
Operations Support Specialist en Canadá
Investigación, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Fishbowl, Wish we could switch over to something that works better!

2.0 hace 6 meses

Puntos a favor:

Not a whole lot. Tracking the location of items: For us many items come and go in inventory; they go from the warehouse to staging, to deployment to return from deployment to RMA and back to inventory. We are currently looking at asset management programs rather than inventory management programs. This program probably works ok if you are stocking 20 of this and 10 of that and then using them in different work orders. For us this is not really working well at all.

Contras:

It Freezes, which got blamed on it being on our server, we checked into it, it was on theirs. Some days reports don't run, this was blamed on our server space but we could not get a quick answer on how much we have and how much we used. If you put a picture (you can only put one) on the parts side you cannot see it on the inventory side - neither can you see any notes that are made on the parts side on the inventory side. You can switch from parts to inventory but not from inventory to parts. You cannot edit a title of an item in inventory, you have to go back to parts. You will end up using more and more space on the server because deleting an item or deleting a location is not possible. This is a program that probably was state of the art when we started using it but has not grown with the time. We tried using Fishbowl Go: not a fan. I can find an item using it but moving it works much better on the computer. You cannot search for an item by serial number of extension ID. I could go on but what is the point!

Joshua
EE. UU.
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Consultoría de gestión, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña
Fuente: GetApp

Can be a great product but will depend on your personnel

4.0 hace 6 años

Puntos a favor:

I'm an Advanced QuickBooks Pro Advisor and I specialize in Inventory set up and management. I haven't found any program with as many capabilities at such a low cost range as Fishbowl. Netsuite can handle what Fishbowl does but can easily go into the hundreds of thousands to setup and get started and I found the process very complex. Fishbowl on the other hand, can import from QuickBooks and have you set up and running in just a few minutes, though I stress that this should be used as test only. To accurately use Fishbowl it can take months to setup and learn properly. This largely depends on your current experience with technology, accounting practices and inventory knowledge.

Contras:

The support isn't stable. Depending on your time zone, you'll get a different team. Some zones, depending on the day and time, will pick up your call immediately and be very knowledgeable and helpful. Others will take a day to get back to you and you'll get someone who's only been there a few months but will confidently tell you something as fact and you might find our later they don't actually know what they're talking about. However, the online wiki is very detailed so if you're someone who can figure out things on your own, this will be a huge help. Basically, I've found that most people who complain about Fishbowl are really complaining about inventory, which is hugely complex. But if you're a detail oriented company with personnel who don't cut corners, Fishbowl can be an excellent fit for you. Just don't expect it to be easy!

Tommy
Technical Manager en EE. UU.
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

The Perfect Solution for Small & Large Businesses

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We've been successfully using Fishbowl now for at least five years and it's allowed our company to process orders and control our inventory to a point where everything runs smoothly between our manufacturing team and our front of house team. Fishbowl has helped turned our "mom and pop" business into a streamlined operation with customers all over the world.

Puntos a favor:

I have used other CRM/inventory management applications over the years and Fishbowl is by far one of the most robust, all-in-one solutions for our business. It's ease of use, stability, and accessibility has helped run our business for the past several years in terms of POS operations, inventory control, and handling purchase orders.

Contras:

My only complaints are that, under the customer tab, the SAVE and DELETE buttons are next to each other. Also under the customer tab, the check balance is next to the history button (which we have to utilize constantly throughout the day). If we accidentally hit CHECK BALANCE, the process runs and holds up Fishbowl for upwards towards a minute. Since this is not something that we utilize, is there a way to possibly disable that button?

Taylor
Director of Sales en EE. UU.
Ropa y moda, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

I would not recommend this Software to anyone!

1.0 hace 12 meses

Comentarios: The software overall is extremely outdated. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Puntos a favor:

Inventory tracking is mediocre at best - A pro was required for the review.

Contras:

Customer service is terrible. Once you sign up and pay thousands for their system, they virtually tell you to "figure it out yourself". Information from QuickBooks to Fishbowl does not properly transfer. The invoicing process is extremely cumbersome. There are a lot of unnecessary steps when invoicing and processing orders. To edit invoice lines is extremely difficult. You cannot edit invoices once they have been processed. Printing and formatting (two very simple things) have been overly difficult with this program. We have had to reach out to Fishbowl numerous times to have the system tailored to our needs.

Michael
President en EE. UU.
Bellas artes, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña

Intuitive manufacturing, inventory control and distribution software.

5.0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall, I am satisfied with purchasing the Fishbowl software for manufacturing bill of materials and inventory management. Have only been using for approximately one year but so far it seems much easier to use compared to the previous software that we used. We have only used the out of the box software. All other software's we use always required special programing which was always a hassle and large expense.

Puntos a favor:

The ease of set-up and use of the manufacturing process. Very intuitive and do not need to spend a lot of time training new people to use. Once we set up, new users can begin working with very little guidance.

Contras:

The training was good, but for a startup additional training time would be good after we are up and running. After the initial training I only heard from someone when they wanted to sell me something additional. No follow-up calls, emails or communication to determine if there were any additional questions or concerns. With software I always felt that good prompt support is essential. I still have issues with the QB accounting integration, and I receive zero support from FB.

Usuario verificado
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la reseña

Fishbowl Good For SMBs Wanting An On-Premises ERP, But Prepare To Outgrow It.

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: It provided a decent ERP for the price but is definitely geared to low transaction volumes.

Puntos a favor:

Fishbowl is relatively easy to use (by nature, ERP systems are complex) and is relatively reliable for companies whose transactions number in the low hundreds per day. Their support is quite effective but may be slower than you like -- if your business is effectively down due to an ERP issue, the last thing you want to get when you call support is voicemail. Unless things have changed in recent (2017) releases, one must update the local client with each system update, and that can be problematic for small shops that do have centralized software management and have restricted local rights on their PCs. They did change from FireDB to MySQL late last year, which improved performance drastically, but the database still requires a lot of optimization, care and feeding in order to get peak performance. Eventually, the company I worked for decided that it had outgrown FBI and migrated to NetSuite.

Contras:

* Slow support response * Relatively slow performance * Cannot cancel running batch jobs * They recommend(ed) running Quickbooks and Fishbowl on the same server, which meant an extremely expensive server was required. The alternative was to split the two apps onto different machines and experience super-slow batch updates (some ran hours)

Michael
Contract IT Service Provider en EE. UU.
Automoción, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la reseña

Needed Database tech support for failing upgrade

4.0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Helps the various departments of our company work together better.

Puntos a favor:

One of the team members was my point of contact for our recent issue. We started upgrade at close of business and ran into issue late in the night. The upgrade process had been test driven successfully on the new target servers prior but something in the tag data at the moment of upgrade caused a failure. We opened for business the next AM dead in the water. They were excellent in his handling of the issue and giving it the attention we needed as our business was on hold due to the issue. The DB Tech that worked on the problem was also on point in the solving of the issue.

Contras:

Only cure for bugs is full upgrade. Given that we have many custom reports it does not make it an easy option. Would like to also see support for iReport as it is bundled with your product but discontinued on it's own. Lastly, would like to see a solution that would create true "Admin" level accounts. We have in house admins that get all rights but cannot affect "Company" (and other misc) settings without using the factory "Admin" account.